Co-Display, it would be great if report developer can drag objects instead of reports in Co-Display.

Janardhana A Raju R shared this idea 5 years ago
Completed

Co-Display, it would be great if report developer can drag objects instead of reports in Co-Display.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Janardhana,

Thanks for reaching out with your idea. Can you provide more details on what you're looking for here? What's the business use case? This information will help us identify possible usefulness and desire for potentially implementing such functionality.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Thank you Mike,

I have a business scenario, where i need do some calculations on totals section (attached my Business Objects report here). In this kind of business requirements, i couldn't apply conditions on totals as totals will be calculated on fly using totals function. I can create an object and do some calculation on it but how can i show or present it in totals section. Definitely i should use co-display, if i create co-display related report, the alignments of both reports are not in line.

If we want to present multiple reports in a single same report canvas as we do in Business Objects, is some what tricky in our YF.

Please let me know, if this business requirement is not sufficient.

It would be great, if you have any other alternative solution for the above scenario.

Thanks & Regards.

Janardhan

photo

Hi Janardhana,

Thanks for your response. If I'm understanding this correctly, what you're looking to accomplish is technically possible in Yellowfin, it just doesn't display as desired? I'm still a little confused on what the actual idea is here. I'm guessing that if you made the second section of your screenshot (the "Free Cap" and "The booking week is..." columns) as a co-display report, that the result would just be displayed as a single row, which I'd expect, rather than contain a bunch of blank rows, which is what you'd like to see displayed? I still need clarity on the actual idea here - what is the actual object/report element you'd want to bring into the co-display section?

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Janardhana,

I'm just closing very old items out due to inactivity. Please don't hesitate to reach back out if you require further assistance.

Regards,

Mike

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file