Broadcast Manager

Gadi Glogowski shared this idea 7 years ago
Not Planned

I would like to suggest some sort of Broadcast Manager. I would like to have a one stop shop where I can setup, configure, edit all broadcasts in the system.

Currently, you have to go to each report you want to broadcast to set it up. If the recipients are no longer active or they have changed departments and the report is no longer valid it is cumbersome to go an change each report individually.

The Broadcast Manager should:

- allow me to setup the broadcast from scratch (drop down of the report I want to setup)

- Edit the recipients

- Duplicate the broadcast to edit or allow you to enter multiple schedules for delivery

- Disable a broadcast for a certain time period

- Create temporary or permanent broadcasts

I think this would be a good start.

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Gadi,

I hope all is well,

From what I can see the idea of this would improve how users gain control of the Broadcasting features that we have available.

As you said the option to control all of what you have listed above within one specific area "Broadcast Manager" would work very well...

Going forward I have this discussed with my fellow Support Team as I believe we have already touched on something similar although i can't guarantee this.

I will have this looked into and get back to you asap with the results going forward as it might come down to an "Enhancement Request " submitted to our Dev Team.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Yes, many of our customers are asking for something like this to enhance the broadcast feature. Our customers use this feature a lot and they complain that it is difficult for them to manage when they have multiple reports going to many people at a time with different schedules required for each.

photo

Gadi. We have some ideas logged for the next version to add more flexibility to the broadcast functionality. When we know more we will update the community, know we are getting ideas like this so it is on our radar. Thanks.

photo

I'd like to build a query to search and list my schedules with some informations more than friendly, like "Schedule name", "Report Name", "User or report users list used to broadcast", "Frequency", "Time", etc..

Wich tables on repository I have to make relation to output detailed informations of list schedule?

photo

Hi Danilo,

I hope all is well,

To assist further with this can I point you in the direction of our Background Execution option within Yellowfin 7.2: http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER72/Background+Execution this link might help with what you are looking for.

Can I also make you aware that you can check your Broadcast Schedules via the Schedule Management section within Yellowfin.

This aside, it might be worth looking at the below tables:

-Person

-ReportBroadcast

-ReportBroadcastRecipient

You can find the users ID from the Person table and use it to idenity the RECIPIENTID from the ReportBroadcastRecipient (IPPERSON = RECIPIENTID).

Then use the BROADCASTID to find the revelant record in the ReportBroadcast table.

I hope this helps and I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Gadi,

I hope all is well,

I just want to update you with a more detailed response on the questions you asked within your first post to us:

-allow me to setup the broadcast from scratch (drop down of the report I want to setup)

I want to question this further with yourself as I don't quite understand the direction of this question.

1. You can set up a Broadcast from scratch hence the options within the Broadcast setup.

2. You want the option to have a “drop down of the report I want to setup” Can you explain further on this please.

-Edit the recipients

Unfortunately once the Broadcast has been created we don't have the option to edit this so that we can add/remove different recipients. Going forward with this I will now go ahead and put this forward as an Idea within the Community.

See this link to track this: http://community.yellowfin.bi/topic/broadcasts-option-to-edit-add-delete-the-recipients

-Duplicate the broadcast to edit or allow you to enter multiple schedules for delivery

From what I understand you require the option to duplicate a specific Broadcast so we can then edit/allow multiple schedules for different days?

If this is correct I will look into this and mark this down as "Under Review"

-Disable a broadcast for a certain time period

Within the following path; Administration > Admin Console > Schedule Management - We have the option to see what our current Broadcasts are, clicking on the Broadcast in question gives you the following options: Edit | Pause | Delete | Run now, with this we can see that the "Pause" option would best suit this question asked for disabling a broadcast for a certain time period.

-Create temporary or permanent broadcasts

Once you have created a Broadcast you have the option to have the following:

Continuous Schedule - The report will always be delivered based on the selected schedule.

Limit Schedule Period - The report will be scheduled between the dates of your choice.

I hope this helps Gadi and going forward I look forwarded to your reply on this.

Regards,

Mark

photo

closing post due to inactivity, can re-open for further discussion if need be

photo

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delay responding. Didn't notice there was a response before.

The intention of this idea is to have a centralized place to setup a broadcast. Currently you have to go to an individual report and you have to setup the broadcast from there. The Schedule Management only allows you to do a bit of the configuration after the broadcast has been setup.

So again the idea is to have a place where I can setup the broadcast hence a drop down with the report I want to setup the broadcast for.

Once a broadcast is created in this "Broadcast Manager" screen, I can copy one so I can easily modify it. Our customers want the same report sent at different times and to different people, so a copy will be beneficial.

Regarding the "Create temporary or permanent broadcasts", I didn't understand if it is already available or you are just following up with the idea. But that is exactly what we are looking for.

Thanks.

Gadi

photo

Hi Gadi,

Unfortunately at this point in time, the enhancement is not on our road map.

However when reviewing the broadcast feature, we will review raised requests and ensure they get reviewed.

Sorry for the bad news, and please let us know if you have any other questions/suggestions.

Thanks,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file