Install Yellowfin into SQL Server using Microsoft driver

Anoop Achuthan shared this idea 5 years ago
Completed

We have a customized yellowfin jar file which we are using for installing yellowfin and this is run through a script. While the installation happens, it makes jdbc connection and I assume it uses the default jtds jdbc driver.

It fails to make the db connection as we don’t have multisubnetfailover support in jtds jdbc driver.

AFAIK, microsoft jdbc driver has support for multisubnetfailover. Using yellowfin plugin management, I can configure it to use microsoft jdbc driver. But that configuration only takes effect during post installation.

I want to configure yellowfin to use microsoft jdbc driver for pre(or during) yellowfin installation steps as well. How can I do that?

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Anoop,

I've gone ahead and raised this with the product team for further review.

At this point in time we don't have any immediate plans to implement this, though I'm sure something we be able to handle in the future.

In the interim what I'm thinking is to disable the multisubnetfailover on the server prior to the install. Then once YF is installed, you can turn it back on, and configure YF to use the MS driver by making changes to the web.xml.

If you have further questions on this, please let me know.

Thanks,David

photo

Hi Anoop, just letting you know this enhancement has now been implemented in the latest 8.0.1 release.

As of 8.01, Yellowfin will now use the Microsoft SQL JDBC driver when installing into SQL Server.

If you run into further problems, or have any questions on this, please let us know.

Regards,David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file