Google Maps report requires API key but there's nowhere to enter it?

Liz Hegarty shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi there,

a few months ago our google maps reports started showing an error, "This page can't load Google Maps correctly.".

I searched the forum and found that I now needed a Google Maps API key.

I got the key.

I found where I am supposed to put it (see attached file under "expected")

But - in our Yellowfin instance there is no place to put it (see attached file under "actual").

We are running Yellowfin 7.1 embedded in our ERP system, MagiQ Enterprise.

System InformationApplication Version: 7.1 Build: 20150528 Java Version:1.7.0_79Operating System: Linux 3.10.0-229.el7.x86_64 (amd64)

Help would be hugely appreciated, thank you!

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Liz,

Thanks for reaching us.

The screenshot provided in that article is from a newer Version. I see you are currently using is 7.1, which we don't support any more. So we recommend you to please update to the latest version and build.

Click here to access the Best Practices on how to upgrade Yellowfin article.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hi Liz,

Hope you are doing well.

I am doing a followup to see if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for your response but I don’t think I am going to be able to do a version upgrade to solve this issue – we have Yellowfin rolled into our council ERP, MagiQ Enterprise, and MagiQ say they are not upgrading beyond 7.1 (which is bad news for me.)

Do you know anything about bundled versions like this?  Is it likely to be possible to upgrade Yellowfin separately to MagiQ?

Thanks and regards,

Liz

Liz Hegarty 

Business Systems Analyst

DDI 03 543 8576 | Liz.Hegarty@tasman.govt.nz

Private Bag 4, Richmond 7050, NZ

/03b01531639f08aeadc7480df1419f2b /12de1e89d412ef11c7507b61f2fa31cf /bb848f0a232cdb52f3533927dfafb7a2

This e-mail message and any attached files may contain confidential information, and may be subject to legal professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete.

Sent: Thursday, 17 January 2019 1:43 PM

To: Liz Hegarty <Liz.Hegarty@tasman.govt.nz>

Subject: New Comment in "Google Maps report requires API key but there's nowhere to enter it?"

photo

Hi Liz,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am not sure how is Yellowfin integrated into MagiQ, so I will not be able to advise how the upgrade can be done and what will be implications post upgrade.

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hi Liz,

Hope you are doing well. Wondering what data do you have for Google maps and if you can use it a different map in Yellowfin instead of a Google maps.

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

That is an interesting idea Mahesh. I will try to spend some time on it tomorrow - we do have ArcGIS, our own cadastre and a number of web map services available. So that might be a possibility. Thank you.

photo

Thanks Liz.

I will wait for your reply to see how did you go.

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hi Liz,

Hope you are doing well.

Just doing a followup to see how did you go?

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hi Liz,

Hope you are doing well.

Due to inactivity I am marking this ticket as completed.

If you still have any questions, please feel free to reply back anytime.

Regards,

Mahesh

Leave a Comment

Attach a file