Drill Through Report to receive defined filter values

Tal Mickel shared this idea 6 years ago
Completed

As it stands every time you want to create a report with a drill through, you must add the defined filter's field to the columns section (and hide them, since they're irrelevant) in order to move the defined values to the drill through report...

Essentially we want the Master report that has a hard-coded filter, say Gender = Female to pass this hard-coded filter value through to the Target report's filter.

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Tal,

There are a couple of easy workarounds for the situation of having hard-coded filter values in the Master Drill Through report that you would also like in the child report:

1) Hard-code the same value in the child report

2) In the Master report, add the filter field as a report column, and then hide it.

However, I can see that if you are re-using reports many times then it would save the work of doing either of the above steps many times over if YF could actually pass down the hard-coded filter value. And so for this reason I have raised enhancement request YFN-9435

As always thanks for your creative input!

regards,

David

photo

Hello again Tal,

I just saw that another client already raised this a few months back (https://community.yellowfinbi.com/agent/object/5484). So I have deleted the enhancement request I raised (YFN-9435) because it's a duplicate and then linked your Idea to the previously-raised enhancement request YFN-8443.

regards,

David

photo

Great !! thank you David

Dor & Tal

photo

you're welcome!

photo

Hey Dave!

Any update for this one?

photo

Hi Dor,

Apologies for the delay on this, David is currently on annual leave so I have been assigned this idea. I have chased this up and added some notes to our enhancement that was raised, hopefully we can have some movement on this soon.

Saying that... we can discuss at some point over the week that you are here. See you soon Dor.

Regards,

Mark

photo
photo

Hi Tal,

I hope all is well,

I know this is an old ticket, however this has since been fixed in our latest 7.4 and 8 releases along with our 9.3 release.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Yellowfin Team,

I am facing exact same issue in 9.7. I am unable to pass through Hardcoded filter to a child report. Is there a configuration that you see that needs to be made to be able to pass through hardcoded filter

photo

Hi Rajesh,

I hope all is well,

To my understanding this was fixed within the following versions; 7.4.15, 8.0.7 and 9..3. With this can I question your availability for a remote session tomorrow or at some point during the week? I am UK based and would love to go through this with you.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark

We can do Thursday - anytime between 9 30 AM to 1130 AM Central time. Please send meeting invite and i can jump on. We are facing another problem too with access filters. i will create ticket and send ticket number for that one also

Regards'

Rajesh

photo

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for confirming. I have gone ahead and booked this in for;

Thursday, 16th June | 11:00am UK Time | RingCentral Link

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Rajesh,

I'm going to mark this as Completed, but going forward I have raised a new ticket for you on your behalf. Going forward lets communicate through that.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file