Unable to Select View to Create Report

EDW Support shared this problem 5 years ago
Defect Fixed

Hi

When creating a report, I am unable to select the last view in the list. When I hover over it, the More Details pop-up does not appear and the hyperlink does not work.

/H2Et6VEaPMAtAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

I can select it however, if I search for it by name in the filter

/Xly1fjL8hIBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgAChJBIkgACgpUgT9B0T4zUfDrSFLAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

This happens when I access Yellowfin through our UI. If I access direct through Yellowfin (not available to our customers), the same problem does not occur.

Yellowfin Version 7.4.7

Build: 20180824

Please can you help.

thanks

Wendy

Replies (13)

photo

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for getting in touch. Is this happening for a particular user or all users or users with a specific Role?

This looks like a known bug, however can you please open up the developers interface on your browser and see if there is a DIV in front of that View. For example.

64de6915e5b38a89ac8e8ffea7bb1aca

It seems to be related to a particular feature in the Role, so it might be worth checking as follows to see if this is the cause.

79666aef6e7ae8dc0e366d71adcade12

If you could get back to me with the above, that would be great.

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hi

The View in question does have div.wide-bottom-row displayed whereas the others either have viewname or span. I've also checked the role and the CSV reports role is selected.

regards

Wendy

photo

Hi Wendy,

Okay thanks for the info. It would appear to be slightly different but very similar. So does this do it for all users and roles? I need to try and work out what the difference is and why this DIV is being placed into this area as the original problem happens when this option is not selected.

I have a quick fix for now (but you would need to test this thoroughly to make sure it does not break anything else and that would be modify the css height as follows.)

In both the ie.css and the commonCombined.css files located under yfinstall/webserver/webapps/ROOT/css/

.wide-button-row{

position: absolute;

bottom: 25px;

font-size: 22px;

height: 40px; <-- Change this to something smaller such as height: 20px

left: 35px;

right: 35px;

}

So

1. So does this do it for all users and roles?

2. It would be good to get a full rundown / list of the settings defined in the Role for me to check. Are you able to do this please?

3. Can you check / change / test the above css?

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hi

1. I have tried this for a System Admin and standard user role and the same thing happens

2. List of function settings attached. The standard role does not have the CSV Reports field ticked

3. I will have to get back to you about testing as it only seems to be happening in our live environment and not our test environments.

regards

Wendy

photo

Hi Wendy,

I have had confirmation that this is indeed a defect and has been fixed in 7.4.10 and 8.0.2. If you could possibly use the work around for now to get you through that would be great and when these version are released they should rectify this going forward.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul

Thanks for letting me know. We'll use the workaround until we upgrade to a later version.

regards

Wendy

photo

Hi Wendy,

That's great to hear. I will mark this as defect logged for now and will follow up when 8.0.2 is released.

Cheers,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul

Can you tell me what the release date is for 8.0.2 please.

Thanks

Wendy

photo

Hi Wendy,

I do not know at this stage as it is a little early after 8.0.1 has been released. I will let you know once I hear from the dev team on this one.

Cheers,

Paul

photo

OK thanks for letting me know.

regards

Wendy

photo

Hi Wendy ,

Just wanted to let you know that this task has now been completed and included in the latest 8.0.2 release.

Change logs for the release are here.

Would love to get confirmation your issue has been resolved with the latest release, so please let me know how it all goes post update, and of course reach out if you have any questions on this.

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul

Thanks for letting me know.

Did this also get applied to 7.4.10 as we are still on version 7 and aren't moving to version 8 yet?

Thanks

Wendy

photo

Hi Wendy,

My apologies and I should have checked your version correctly first. Yes this has been fixed in 7.4.10 which is available also.

Cheers,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file