Yellowfin page - Page cannot be displayed while the report is running

Bharath Kumar shared this problem 5 years ago
Resolved

Hi Team,

I am having an issue with YF throwing Page cannot be displayed error while running the reports.

I open the report, provide the filter values and run it. It runs for about 2 minutes and throws error ' page cannot be displayed'. Reproducible on demand.

Tomcat memory increased to 8 GB. Captured info threads and found below errors through info thread parser:

com.hof.jsp.pdf_jsp._jspService(pdf_jsp.java:188)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:742)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:231)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)

org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:728)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:467)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:392)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:311)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:1083)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(RequestProcessor.java:396)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:232)

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:462)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:661)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:742)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:231)

org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)

com.bmc.truesight.tsr.filters.SmartReportingCrossLaunchFilter.doFilter(SmartReportingCrossLaunchFilter.java:75)

Appreciate your help

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Bharath,

Thanks for reaching out and supplying info_thread's. It looks like this is related to something with the TrueSight/SmartReporting intgration, but can you please re-replicate this issue once again and subsequently provide a compressed copy of your entire logs folder, located at <YellowfinInstall>/appserver/logs so we can see if anything else stands out to us that's being generated behind the scenes?

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Bharath,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

No network issues, the is a reoccurring issue, logs uploaded.

Thanks

Bharath

photo

Hi Bharath,

The logs do seem to further indicate this is related to the filtering. If this is the only report where this is happening I think it may be important to determine what separates this reports from other reports, especially as it relates to the filter setup. Are all the filters in this report used in other reports? If there are only a few filters, can you drag them out then back in and see if this then begins to work?

There was one line in particular I found interesting:

YF:2019-03-19 09:05:47:ERROR (CopyReportProcess:error) - Did not update drillthrough link format for report: 85362
If you check in your reportheader table, does a ReportId of 85362 correspond to the report in question? Or if the report is using Drill Through, is this perhaps the child reports ReportID? If so, can you access and execute that report okay?

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

This happens with all the reports which run more than 2 minutes. I dont have any drill through within the report.

-Bharath

photo

Hi Bharath,

These reports that are taking more than 2 minutes to run, if you take the report SQL that's generated and run it directly against the RDBMS how long does it take for the queries to execute? 2 minutes is quite a long time to load a report.

You may want to increase the Timeout value in your data source's Connection settings.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Bharath,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Bharath,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Resolved since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file