Add edit options for Storyboard Themes

Alicia Beltran shared this idea 5 years ago
Not Planned

Hello,

Currently on "Page Layout" while creating/editing a Theme, there's no way to move the items inside the "Table of Contents" main theme.

If a custom background image is used, but the header overlaps the content, there's no way to move down the items like the title or the bullet points.

Refer to attached example.

It would be very useful if the items inside "Table of Contents" could be moved as needed.

Replies (10)

photo

Hi Alicia,

Thank you for submitting your idea. I agree that your example is not a good look and would be quite difficult to overcome.

I've gone ahead and logged an enhancement request for this.

Any potential updates regarding this matter will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thank you Mike

photo

Hi Alicia,

You're welcome!

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike

Regarding this topic...

Is it possible to safely modify a CSS or html file to hide "Table of Contents"? If yes, how to do it?

Also, it could be possible to create a section similar to "Table on Contents"? So it could be modified as desired.

Regards, Alicia

photo

Hi Alicia,

Thanks for your response. While it may be possible to modify the CSS or HTML to hide the Table of Contents (or many other things in Yellowfin), this is not something that Support can assist with as it is outside the scope of Support. What I can do is reach out to one of our Consultants to verify whether this is a possibility, so you won't have to waste time attempting to do so, but first I'll need more information, because I'm a little confused on what you mean by hiding the Table of Contents, as you can simply delete the Table of Contents slide right from the Slide > Delete option found in the menu bar towards the top right. Considering this, I'm not quite sure the use case for having the ToC hidden.

As for the second part, I'm afraid this is not possible. Linking to other slides in a Storyboard requires a ToC slide. There are no slide URL's generated and thus they cannot be hyperlinked in any other slide type.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike

Yes, I wanted to check if it is possible to hide Table of Contents from the Theme, but as it is possible to delete the slide from the Storyboard (or to not include it in first place) and there's no option to create a slide with similar behavior I think there's no need to deeper look into hiding the Table of Contents.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards, Alicia

photo

Hi Alicia,

Thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Alicia,

Just writing to inform you that the Storyboard feature is being deprecated, and will ostensibly be replaced by a new feature called Present in Version 9. There will be more information on exactly what this is when the new Version is actually published.

While Storyboard's will continue to be supported for all currently Supported versions the feature is found in, given this information, this Idea will not be chosen for future development. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the information. I will check the new feature information then, thank's again.

Regards, Alicia

photo

Hi Alicia,

You're welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file