Is that possible, I can download the report as pdf in better UI/View in yellowfin.

Amit Agrahari shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

I want some alignment in text and charts with some extra design in the dashboard, So that I can share PDF with better UI/View to the client. Is that possible in YellowFin, without using DashXML?

Actually, when I am downloading pdf form yellowfin dashboard, it's including lots of spaces and I can't send this to my client.

Thank you in advance.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Amit,

Thanks for getting in touch. The PDF output is not flexible this way and basically what is on the dashboard is what will be presented into the pdf.

When you say, you would like to align in texts and charts and some extra design, can you please clarify this as there are many options to change how a dashboard looks such as simply modifying the layout of the Dashboard by editing it directly or perhaps using the canvas option in reports where you can find more information on this here.

We are working on an enhanced dashboard option which will use a canvas style approach (like in reports), but this is still in progress and I have no ETA on when this will be released, so the best way here might just be using canvases in reports.

You also mention that you are seeing a lot of spaces in the pdf. Can you please provide some screen shots or possibly a PDF for me to look at please?

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thank you for replying.

Please find some screen shots of pdf.

suggest me, is this possible to do using yellowfin or I required some other options.

How much useful to get this using DashXML of yellowfin.

Thank you,

Amit

photo

Hi Amit,

With 7.3 there are not a lot of options available, however in 8.0, there are a few enhancements to the PDF export already, which may help as shown below although it also may not make any difference depending on the charts etc. We are always trying to improve the export features with PDF, but with Stories now being a new feature in version 8, this might be a better feature to use going forward as it is all contained within Yellowfin and offers better readability and governance. It might be worth looking at.

53ccc4fd696e8cd279688f12f953dd54

As mentioned, you could consider using DashXML (Info found here), but there is some work required to get this going. With DashXML it communicates with Yellowfin and also allows you to add extra content and layouts, so it might be worth looking at.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Amit,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Paul

photo
photo

Hi Amit,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Amit,

Just checking in again to see if you need any more help with this question or if you have everything you need.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Amit,

Just letting you know, that I am going to close off this question as I have not heard back from you for some time. If you need anything else with this, please get back in touch.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file