Insert today's date whenever the report runs

Paul Sanders shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hello

I broadcast a daily report pulling data from an Oracle database. I want to insert the current date as a field in the report each time it is run. Can you advise the simplest way to do this?

Thanks

Paul

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you perhaps clarify a little more on what you are trying to achieve here please.

Are you looking just to display the date in the footer or header of the email? Is so, you can add this by clicking on the Report Formatting icon / Header Footer / Add Date to either the header or Footer (Left, Centre or Right Alignment).

a7cd9c86666bcded3abae6ed01089b2a

Are you looking to add a column / field into the report output? If so then you could add a calculated field and use the respective date function for the DB. For example: In postgres it is just current_date as follows.

5164e7869e5c4bc2a9e72344328fa619

results in

3126d19380bc79e2d9110eeff8886919

Please let me know if any of the above helps and if this helps?

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul

It was the latter. I have successfully inserted the current date as field.

Thanks for your speedy and helpful reply.

Regards

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

No problems at all and glad it was what you are looking for. Please let me know if you need anything else or are happy for this query to be closed off.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul

We can close this one.

Thank you and regards

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know. If you need anything else, let me know. Closing ticket for now.

Cheers,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file