How can I customize Yellowfin?

Yhair Delgado Cruz shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

good day

I ask your help to find out how I can customize yellowfin reports and dashboards without the need to use DashXML,

Attached reference image of what I want to do, in advance I appreciate your attention and I'm waiting for your response

regards

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Hair,

it's a pity you don't want to DashXML for your customizations because that's exactly what it was invented for....it's the best tool for customizing dashboards!

Nevertheless, from studying your image we can see that the 2 big empty sections you want to hide on the left and right of the report can be removed by increasing the width of the dashboard. This may be achieved by going to the User Profile->Display Settings->Dashboard Width and selecting Custom, and then adding an appropriate value of pixels or percentage as shown below:

d8974d070f120060c86bffe4af675ca5

and then you can similarly remove the empty space underneath the report by putting the dashboard tab in Edit mode and then dragging the frame for the report downwards as shown in the image below:

72d73755071e7cf3d4c67b82a792c01b

photo

Hi Big Dave

Thanks for you response , not that I dont want to use the DashXML, the problem is that eh still not able to understand the information on the WIKI and therefore wanted to know whether it was possible to make a customization without used DashXML

photo

Hi Hair,

ah, that's OK, now I understand!

regards,

David

photo

Hi Hair,

just checking if it's OK to close this Question or not (if you don't respond within a week it will be closed)

regards,

David

photo

Hi Big Dave

Sorry, I thought this question was closed, you can proceed to close this question

regards

photo

no worries Hair, will close it now.

regards

Big Dave

Leave a Comment

Attach a file