Error when editing stored procedure again

Syed Rahman shared this problem 5 years ago
Resolved

Hi Team,

I am encountering error as - Error running Stored Procedure: Connection is read only. Queries leading to data modification are not allowed.

I am unable make new changes in existing SP, I have to create new SP to encorporate the new changes and redevelop the reports on top of it.

Can you please help us out with the above error as it is taking lot of time.

I am on YF 7.4.7 build 20180824.

Regards,

Syed

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Syed,

Thanks for reaching out. Based on the error message you're seeing, it seems your data source may not be set to Writable.

You can find this setting in Admin Console > Data Source > click corresponding data source > Usage Parameters > Writable:

1907e8f76654ea34007c96665900a099

That said, Yellowfin is not intended to make writes back to your database when making a Stored Procedure View, and while it may work if you enable a writable data source, it's not recommended by Support to implement this in a Production environment.

In terms of what led up to this issue appearing, would it be possible to send the initial SQL query you were attempting, and what changes were made that broke the SP's functionality? It would be helpful if you could provide some additional information as to the steps you took to come to this error. For example, did you drop a Parameter?

Please also include a compressed copy of your entire logs folder, located at <YellowfinInstall>/appserver/logs.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Syed,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Syed,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Resolved since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file