Share - Notifications

Hugo Mendoza shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi there - Is it possible to edit the body text that is generated and inserted in the Share email notification? I have change to make, but cannot find the option anywhere. See screen attached.

Replies (11)

photo

Hi,

I tried replicating the same by sending the an email and editing the body of the text before sending out the email, it works fine for me. Could you please let me know what version of yellowfin your using .

Please find screenshots attached for the same

Regards,

Chithresh Suresh

photo

Hello - I don't see that option. The email system generates the notification automatically, so there is not an opportunity to edit the email first. Is there an admin feature available...?

Hugo

photo

Hi Hugo,

If the user is not an admin, You need to go and change the roles of the particular user on the admin page.

Step 1 : Select administration --> Admin Console

Step 2 : Select Roles--> Edit the roles for the required user

Step 3 : Go to Role functions ---> Role menu and select email report and Broadcast reports

Step 4 : Save

Please find screenshots attached for your reference

you would be able to send reports as an email with body of text.

let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Chithresh Suresh

photo

Oh, I see what is happening here. You're right, the user supplies the text for the email. However, along with the text that the user includes, there is a snippet of text that is system-generated with a link to the server. That part is somewhere in the system, I guess. How is it edited? What if I don't want that link?

photo

Hi,

From looking at it I think your trying to send a report as a link in this case everything is autogenerated. In order to configure the link .I have attached screenshots and (link) to the wiki which would explain the process of configuring the url in the link to the server

Step 1 : Go to the administration --> Configuration

Step 2 : System --> General Settings

Step 3 : External Instance based URL and change the localhost name to the Ip address or instance that would link your server

Please go through the wiki attached in the (link) for reference

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chithresh Suresh

photo

Hi David,

Yes, thank you for checking.

photo

Hi Hugo,

Sorry for not elaborating earlier, was checking in to ensure that the explanation Chitresh provided gave you what you were after?

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi David,

Thanks for the follow up. There is text in the email that is generated somewhere, but I can't find where. I looked at the links, but those articles are more related to setting up email. Out email works fine. If you look at the screen shot attached, most of that text is coming from somewhere else, not the user note. No rush on this, but was still wondering...

photo

Hi Hugo,

OK so here is how things work/ed.

• In Yellowfin 7.1.

When you distribute a report you get:

Ifyou run into any issues or have a question, comment or suggestion you cancontact us at <EmailNotificationAddress>

When you distribute a dashboard you get:

If you run into any issues or have a question, comment or suggestion you can contact us at <EmailNotificationAddress>

• In Yellowfin 7.3.

When you distribute a report you get:

Visit your timeline to view the report.Thank you

When you distribute a dashboard you still get:

If you run into any issues or have a question, comment or suggestion you can contact us at <EmailNotificationAddress>

At this point in time the above text is hard-coded and cannot be changed. You can only add additional text via the email body when distributing.

I know we will be revising the email templates in a future release, but do not have an ETA as yet.

There are some back-end ways to change this stuff, but it's not something we would recommend, as it's easy to break things, and all changes are lost with any upgrade.

Hope this clarifies anything, and please let me know if there was anything else on this I could help you with.

Thanks,

David

photo

This is a good write up.

Thank you very much!

I think we can close this out now...

Hugo Mendoza

photo

No problems at all!

Please reach out if there was anything else you were after.

Enjoy the rest of the week.

Regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file