Ability to define multiple pattern for bar charts.

Abhay Bagalkoti shared this idea 5 years ago
Idea Logged

Hello,

It would be great to have a feature to define multiple patterns for bar charts and possibly other type of charts, as shown below -

/e493596fc45d0c2d467bb85734ef9ec8

Can this is considered as idea?

Regards,

Abhay

Replies (10)

photo

Hi Abhay,

do you mean like being able to save a chart template so you don't have to re-create it all over again when you next need it?

regards,

David

photo

Hello David,

Not a template, but when we select a chart type say bar, as of now we only options to set colors either on chart level or through org ref codes.

But the requirement is to define different patterns as shown in picture.

Regards,

Abhay

photo

Hi Abhay,

OK thanks, I understand the request now, I'll convert this Question into an Idea.

By the way, most probably this sort of chart may already be possible to create in Yellowfin by using its powerful and flexible feature called Javascript Charts. However, you do have to enjoy doing some sort of development type thing to get it working (or know a developer) - there are many open source Javascript Charts available on the internet but in all likelihood you will have to modify them a bit to get them working in your particular environment.

regards,

David

photo

Thanks Dave for the updates and considering this as an idea.

I have read the JavaScript related information on the link that you provided. I understand that this requires some developement efforts to write code etc. However, will be useful only for some power users\developers. And as per limitations documented on wiki, may not be feasible for exporting\broadcasting the reports.

If this idea is fixed, then it will be a great feature for any user type as they can quickly select the patterns design there own reports in less time.

Regards,

Abhay

photo

Yes Abhay, I totally understand and agree with what you say about the Javascript Charts feature - I only mentioned it because it is my sworn duty as Support guy to mention it :-)

regards,

David

photo

Hello David,

I hope things are going well.

Just wanted to check if this request\idea is being planned?

We moved on to 8.0.1 build 20190131.

Regards,

Abhay

photo

Hi Abhay,

This is Eric, filling in for Dave as he has moved on from Yellowfin. Unfortunately here are no updates to this idea to report at this time. I will be sure to keep you informed, if you were hoping to push the priority of this, I could reach out to an account manager on your behalf.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hello Eric,

Thanks for reverting. I will be happy if this moves ahead, even though there isn't any much votes.

Regards,

Abhay

photo

Hello Team,

Any updates for this idea please?

Regards,

Abhay

photo

Hi Abhay,

No updates to report at this time, sorry. Will check to see if there are any workarounds you might be able to implement in newer versions.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file