Co-Display report produce SQL for Master report alone

Kalaiselvan shared this idea 5 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Team,

I have created co-display report with two child report, when i run the report it produces the SQL query for the master report alone. Is there any way i can see the SQL for child reports as well (from master report).

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Kalaislevan,

Thanks for reaching out with your question.

To clarify, are you referring to the Yellowfin logs when you say you cannot see the child report's SQL?

For testing, I made a simple report in Yellowfin with a single codisplay (top).

In the report info, only the master query appears on the "SQL Statement" screen.

2a3eebdb29b19f15790acaea586f245f

However, when running the report with DEBUG mode turned on, I can see both the parent and child sql queries -

a23c63d383d10989c90dc1cfe121df2f

Does this help answer your question?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your response, but as a user can i see all the reports query in master report itself. Or admin only can see this?

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

As I'm understanding, it sounds like you would like the to obtain SQL queries of both master and child reports of a co-display in one place at the same time.

Currently, this behavior is not supported, although there is an idea requesting a tool to achieve this - https://community.yellowfinbi.com/ticket/2387

I can add you to the list of affected clients and attach this ticket to the task; would you like to see this feature implemented in the future? Or would you prefer to request an alternate solution? If so, please provide screenshots and details of the desired behavior.

Thanks,

Eric

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/agent/object/12494

photo

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your response. I couldn't access the ticket reference that you have mentioned (please refer the attachment).

Yes, it would be great if this is implemented in the near future. Yes, if you have any other work around to achieve this please share with me, since my request is to show query for both master and child report from master report point.

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Apologies for the bad link, this should be accessible -

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/tool-to-retrieve-the-sql-for-views-and-or-reports

This is the community idea for a SQL retrieval tool, you can "like" this idea to give it increased visibility.

We can also create a separate enhancement request for your specific situation, to hopefully implement a fix in a future version. Is that something you'd like to pursue as well?

Just to confirm, the goal would be to be able to click on "report info" of a co-display report, and get the info (SQL statement) of the child report as you can currently with the master report, correct? Or is it somewhere else you would like to "see" this?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your response. I have checked the idea, but that something different from what i am expecting.

Yes, you pointed out exactly, from "Report info" i would to expect to see the query of child reports with master report query. Could you please request as enhancement for this.

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan -

Thanks for confirming that with me. I have changed this ticket's type to an Idea, and created a related enhancement request - YFN-14010. Updates to this development task will be provided through this thread. Feel welcome to reply here in regards to this topic, or reach out with further issues or ideas.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Team,

Any progress / update on this?

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

No updates to report at this time, if you would like to request a prioritization on this task, feel welcome to contact your account manager, task id is 14010.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file