Split String

Robert Pidde shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hello Yellowfin Community,

I have an issue with a very long string in a field. The output looks like this:

CN=Firstname\, Lastname -666666,OU=Test,OU=Treeee,DC=de;CN=Firstname\, Lastname -666666 ,OU=Test,OU=Treeee;CN=Firstname\, Lastname -666666 ,OU=Test,OU=Treeee;CN=Firstname\, Lastname - 555555,OU=Test,OU=Treeee,DC=de;

etc.

I just want all the names from the string, such as "Firstname Lastname, Firstname Lastname, ...".

Is there any way I could do that?

Best Regards,

Robert

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Robert,

Thanks for getting in touch. This would need to be done either on an SQL Calculated field basis or via Yellowfin's Transformation steps. You can find more information on the transformation process here. You might want to look into the split, find/replace or substring function in the guide.

The calculated field might also be possible, but depending on the DB, will vary the query you would need to use and the only options I could think of which may work would be functions like split or substring, but either way, it will require a lot of trial and error with such a long string.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Robert,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

photo

Hi Robert,

Just checking in again on this ticket to see if you need anything else?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Robert,

Just letting you know, that I am going to close off this ticket as I have not heard back from you for some time. If you need anything else with this, please get back in touch.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file