Can I send Report Broadcasts to non Yellowfin users? If so, how?

Mike shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

Can this be done, if so how? I need send reports I've created to management on a weekly basis.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Mike,

I hope all is well,

First of all can I question whether or not you have a Multicast License? This can be checked via the License Information section.

What is Multi-cast for?

Multicast is used for broadcasting & using report web service functions. If this is enabled, you will be able to broadcast reports to 'unnamed' users.

Eg. Broadcast to an email address that doesn't belong to a user in Yellowfin. You will also be able to broadcast reports to an FTP site.

Reporting web services will allow you to display reports in your own application/page and use DashXML.

Admin web services (Eg. SSO) are still valid without a multicast licence.

This aside looking through our Wiki page might prove to be a good read, especially the Recipients section; http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER73/Broadcast

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me as I would be happy to assist.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thanks Mark, a great answer. Will keep the investigation open but the mutli-cast license sounds like the solution needed.

Thanks again

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thank you for getting back to me. I will mark this case as Answered, but if you need to raise this issue again please feel free to reply back to this Question and I will assist where I can. Going forward it might be a good idea to speak with your Account Manager who can assist further on purchasing the License that you need. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file