Text Trimmed Automatically

Larry Beasley shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

I would like to know if text is somehow trimmed by Yellowfin or is it my vendor? When I type the below SQL my report "fixes" the formatting so that there is one space between characters:

SELECT DISTINCT   '1   2 3  4',
Produces:

/h+lnsmar85ntI6R3ew7zYp7yP7tGE075aM6BUsq9cf6oegbm2e0wA4KZTumAmSbQMb8D1lEw0+EOmGkCHfMP1+t1xyku3KQCb1g7tSN97BimAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

For example, I created a CASE statement based on what the report was displaying and that was 'Unknown - discharged due to inactivity' but in the database field it was actually stored as 'Unknown - discharged due to inactivity'. Notice the additional space between '-' and 'discharged'.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Larry,

looks like it is Yellowfin because when I try a similar thing, but this time with a calc field of Formula Type "Simple" instead of "Freehand SQL" it does the same thing and it definitely didn't go to the database and back yet. I have attached a short video to show this to you ("Neatly_trimmed_textbox.mp4").

regards,

Dave

photo

I see, it's probably for the better. At least I know now. I tried RAW formatter and I wondered why that wouldn't skip the trim function. No worries, thanks BIG DAVE!

photo

you're welcome Larry!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file