"Linked" indicator in browse list

Nick Eddy shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi team,

Just wanting to know what linkages (eg - dashboard to report, report to report) prompt a linked indicator being displayed when browsing reports in list mode.

/B9ZdaX+bJWCzAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

It seems that this only displays when a report has related content links - not when it is linked to by another report or dashboard. Is this correct?

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Nick,

I hope all is well,

From what I can see this appears to be the case and unfortunately we don't have any documentation on this... however I will double check with our team to see if we have any further explanation. I hope this is ok Nick.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thanks, not a huge issue but would be nice to have some information available on what the linked icon represents.

I have been building my own management tool to display objects and their relationships from the config database - just doing some comparison between this an YF front end to check I have links correct.

Regards,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

I hope all is well and apologies for the delay in responding (annual leave).

I have informed our documentation (Wiki) team so that we can have this looked at, hopefully we can have a quick turn around on this... With this I will go ahead and mark this Question as Answered, although please feel free to bug me anytime, I will also try to keep you updated as much as I can.

I hope this is ok Nick.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

I had a thought about this the other day and really hoped that one day the link icon could be an actual link to a popup that list what reports are linked. All of our drill-through reports have this icon but I cannot find what they dill to without editing or running the report and drilling through to the child report. Child reports do not display a link icon unless they drill through to another child. It would be nice to see the hierarchy somehow.

photo
photo

Hi Nick,

I hope all is well,

I come with good news (I hope), it looks like our team who control the YF Wiki have added additional information to this area. You can find this here.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file