Can we create dashboard that renders metrics via multi-dimensional criteria

Kamate, Vikram shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you provide more detail on what you're trying to accomplish? I'm not quite sure what's being asked here. Searching online isn't providing any seemingly related results. Perhaps some examples would help.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Does Yellowfin supports creating multi dimensional reports?

photo

I think Yellowfin doesn't support creating multi dimensional report.

However I could see below note in Yellowfin 7.4 release notes, refers to multi-dimension analysis but don't find any way to create multi-dimension reports.

"Tell the Insight Wizard what you want to see and then let Yellowfin work its magic. The system will automatically perform data analysis by running a series of algorithms before displaying results that are most relevant to your data. These are presented as visual and narrative “insights”, starting with single all the way through to multi-dimension analysis."

photo

Hi Vikram,

Sorry for the delay on this. I reached out to my global colleagues to see if anyone had some feedback on this, but was still unsure. Thanks for pointing to where you found this information as I can certainly now explain what is meant here.

What's being referred to here is, when using the Insight Wizard, you can choose to analyze a single dimension:

or multiple dimensions:

/AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

This should cover what you've highlighted here, but I did also think of one other scenario where multi-dimensional data sources are mentioned - you can connect to OLAP Cubes in Yellowfin as a data source. From my understanding it's pretty complex to set up and we do have several defects logged against it, so if you were to pursue building reports based on one I'd recommend extensive testing before putting into production.

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Vikram,

I just wanted to check in and see if this answered your question.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Vikram,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file