Yellowfin view caching

Robert Pidde shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi community,

I have a question about view caching. According to the documentation, this function is only available if the database is writable.

8081afcbfd8e7824438eda1fcc167b17

If I enable this function, what will be stored where?

Since I can only specify one database connection (because of BMC), will our core database be filled or will the Yellowfin database be used?

Best Answer
photo

Hey Robert,

Yes thats correct, Any data source in Yellowfin that is Writeable will be available to cache a view in (regardless of location or DB type) with the one exception that you can't cache into a data source where the view you're trying cache comes from. There usually is a way around this...creating a new db connection, but as you said you can only specify one.

But to answer your question, your yellowfin database will be used as the default :)

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any further questions and i'll be happy to help!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

Replies (4)

photo

Hey Robert,

Yes thats correct, Any data source in Yellowfin that is Writeable will be available to cache a view in (regardless of location or DB type) with the one exception that you can't cache into a data source where the view you're trying cache comes from. There usually is a way around this...creating a new db connection, but as you said you can only specify one.

But to answer your question, your yellowfin database will be used as the default :)

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any further questions and i'll be happy to help!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

hey Robert,

Hope you had s lovely weekend!

I'm going to go ahead and close this ticket off as you didn't reach out with any further questions, though I hope the information I provided helped!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Lesley,

Sorry for the delay! :(Thank you so much for your quick answer, it was really helpful.

Best Wishes,

Robert

photo

No worries, Robert! Thats good news :)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file