User Import - "TimeZoneCode" and "RoleCode" List

Grant Towers shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi All,

I am trying to find out the Time Zone and Role Codes to enable me to upload a set of users in a new instance.

I found a number of references to this, but the hyperlinks dont lead anywhere...

https://www.yellowfinbi.com/resources/forum/yfforum-bulk-user-import-thread-106260?_ga=2.57389418.1139895752.1549368632-1836762302.1549368632

Can anyone help?

Also, do i need to complete all columns (for example "Initial" and "SalutationCode"), can these be blank?

Thanks and Regards,

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Grant,

Please see attached for a Time Zone listing csv which you can use for the import. The Role Codes you can get from the Table (staffmemberrole) (You can retrieve these values by running a direct query agaisnt this table) and if you have the Audit reports and/or a YF Configuration DB View installed you can just add the column RoleCode from the staffmemberrole table as such, then use the Drag and Drop Report build to drag in the role code field.

ed65fb8546d293eedb1e59508becff96

This could produce an example report / output like so which will show you the RoleCodes.

098956b5f796a9e2fa50f252654d9e47

You can leave Initial and SalutationCode blank / use blank quotes "".

Here is an example

b30b7c001021611d877ed219e7b3274b

Please let me know if the above makes sense and can provide you with what you need to build a working user csv import file.

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hi Grant,

Quick update. If you want to use a RoleCode which you have not used before then you can lookup either of these 2 tables and get the correct name.

SELECT iporg, reftypecode, refcode

FROM orgreferencecode

WHERE reftypecode = 'ROLE';

or

SELECT * FROM orgrole;

Cheers,

Paul

photo

Hi Grant,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Grant,

Just letting you know that I am going to close off this ticket for now as I have not heard back from you. If you need anything else, please get back to me and I will gladly help further.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file