Report Reset Button Takes 3 Clicks to Apply

Jason Kaczmarek shared this problem 5 years ago
Completed

When I click on the report reset button, it does nothing until I've clicked it for the third time. (v7.4.8)

Jason

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Jason,

Thanks for reaching out with your issue.

Just to make sure I understand the situation, I've tried to emulate:

1. created a report with a filter

2. ran report with a filter, selecting "go"

2. reset filter on report, selecting "reset"

ef835351f91cda138715907a2a629c6aThe report refreshed in my situation the first time I clicked the reset button.

04de53ba04c0e4a6cf28ccceeb9eb71c

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Eric,

I tried other reports and this seems to only apply to reports with a date filter. I'm guessing it's related to the date "between" issue I brought up in another post. It's probably safe to close this.

Jason

photo

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your response. Before I marked this as "resolved," I did some research with the additional info, and it looks like resetting date filters in particular has been a source of issues for other clients.

There's a couple of bugs in our system that describe similar behaviors, would you be interested in trying to identify or create a new task to try to remediate this?

If so, could you provide details on the filter configuration and describe what happens on each click? (some people report the filter resetting to a different value on the first click, for example)

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Eric,

The reset button works properly on initial load of the report, or if the default date value is already present. It also works with a workaround noted below.

If I'm using a filter with a single date (i.e. greater/less than), and I change the date, it takes two clicks to activate the reset. The first click puts the default date back in the filter. The second press refreshes the report. However, if I use a pre-defined date (i.e. "Today" or "Yesterday"), the reset button works fine.

If I'm using a "between" date filter, it takes three clicks to reset. The first press changes the first date to the default. The second press changes the second date to the default. The third press refreshes the report.

I did notice that the act of viewing the date filter in the navigation pane removes this issue. So if I perform the following steps, all is good.

1. Open navigation pane and edit the date(s)
  2. Click Go to apply the change
  3. Open the navigation pane
  4. Expand the date filter to see the entire value (just opening the pane does nothing)
  5. Close the navigation pane
  6. Click reset and it works.

Jason

photo

Hi Jason,

Thanks for providing the additional information. That's a pretty crazy workaround you found!

In my testing I was not able to replicate initially -

using a greater than date filter, after the 1st click of "reset," the report reset to the default date filter value, and the report re-ran based on the filter change.

using a between date filter, after the 1st reset click, the report reset to the default date filter value, and the report ran based on the filter reset.

c842107d0543a7fe770e3888aa4218fd

5751716741e5a711607fb2d6e5b66911d5cfb8bb41338aba06ba1c26e06df431

If I left the between default filter value as undefined, the 1st reset click removed the filter.

7f02ed0f8b26a5be6c5cc0952ace8ae2

Are you able to discern any differences between our processes to help successfully replicate?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Eric,

Mike Sheehan is working on another issue of mine that I now believe is related. Maybe check in with him. Here is my other post. I've uploaded my database to your FTP server, so you should be able to replicate with that.

Jason

photo

Hi Jason,

I'm able to replicate this issue in your environment as well. I've logged another defect for this one as well.

Interestingly, a very similar, but not exactly the same so I'll keep these tickets separate, JS error is generated in this case as well, which I've made note of in both tasks.

Any potential updates regarding this matter will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Eric and Mike,

Thank you for looking into this.

Jason

photo

Hi Jason,

You're welcome!

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment