Change the default value of a view level parameter

Lebo Dlamini shared this idea 7 years ago
Completed

If you create a view level parameter (ie . Date, Numeric, Timestamp, Text) , once you save the parameter you are not able to modify the default value.

You can change the format of a parameter, but the default value itself is greyed out:

62fe48da7b2c1332034d7bba17bdecd4

Would be nice to be able to change the default value also.

Replies (10)

photo

At this point in time, you cannot modify the default value of a parameter at the view level. This idea has been logged for future discussion. Any updates on this will be posted here.

However you can still go ahead and change the default value at the report level. which might be feasible.

d19e2ea92b69f2de979aac8a5fc01c13

Regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

Has this been implimented yet?

Regards,

Lebo

photo

Hi Lebo,

I hope all is well,

I was in the process of working on something else in an older version/build; 7.4 20180226 and from what I can see it would appear this is now possible:

e75733cf7746aababc6fdae120fe6927

I can also test in the latest 7.3, 7.4 or 8.0, let me know.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thanks.

Regards,

Lebo

photo

Hi Mark,

Sorry I dont seem to have this option in a stored procedure view. Is this how it is supposed to be?

Regards,

Lebo

photo

Hi Lebo,

This sounds suspicious, let me look at this further...

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Lebo,

I hope all is well and apologies for the delay in responding. Unfortunately I could not get hold of any stored procedures with parameters to test. With this I would then suspect that this is still something that has not been corrected, other than on the option/area of where I mentioned in my earlier post.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Lebo,

I hope all is well,

It's been 4 years since this was last looked at, however I just want to touch base to see if all is well at your end with getting the required results? I only ask as I have done some additional testing with this to which it appears to now give you said option of being able to change the default value. In addition to this I would like to share what was explained via the discussions with our wider team.

"Default value of parameters can now be edited after activation. There is also a new option for parameters in the formatting menu. 'view default' option can be set to ensure that the value is reflective of the view's update default value of the parameter. This must be used in conjunction with the option 'remember filter values' being turned off in order for the view default values to not be overridden by it."

If I could get some feedback that would be great.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Lebo

I know it's only been 24 hours since I touched on this, however, I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to look at this issue at your end and to see if we are good to mark this as Completed. If you can let me know I would appreciate this.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Lebo,

I hope all is well,

Just to let you know, I am going to go ahead and mark this as Completed. If you wish to re-open please do not hesitate to do so, I would be more than happy to assist where I can.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file