Are there any documented useful formulas?

Bruce Steinberg shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

I know there are a number of formula builder videos, but has anyone found or developed a useful document of cool or practical formulas?

We are currently using Smart Reporting 9.1.03 with Remedy and trying to figure out how to construct some statements.

Thanks in advance. I have no idea what version we are??

9.1.03 Patch 1 ?

Bruce S.

USMC Reporting SME

Transitioning from Analytics

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for reaching out. 9.1.03 Patch 1 sounds like something related to Smart Reporting, but nevertheless, our custom-functions.xml hasn't changed since 7.1 and the version/build wouldn't really impact this functionality regardless.

Unfortunately, we do not have a repository of custom formulas beyond the Pre-Defined one's already included in the aforementioned file. The primary reason being that the formula's that are already contained therein tend to be the more common type of requests and once you step beyond that level of generic-ness, it gets use-case-specific quite quickly, especially when considering these formulas each need to be scripted then altered depending on your respective RDBMS. Another reason for this is that if a client is recommended to script their own custom functions, they're generally not coming back to us with their solutions, or even letting us know they scripted one in the first place (i.e., a Support request was never generated), which I think is understandable, especially given the purpose and intent of allowing for custom functions.

Hopefully this at least clears things up a bit, and of course if you have any specific ideas for a Custom Function, you can search our community and see whether someone has requested the same thing before. Please let me know if you have any further questions on this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Bruce

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this. Are we okay to close this case out or does something I've responded with require further clarification?

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Bruce,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file