BMC - How to make multiple thin connection with Oracle DB.

Vishal Lahane shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

When any Oracle DB client is connected to yellowfin DB then yellowfin application not able to make connection to the same db. But when I close the same connection yellofin application able to make connection without any error.

Is this is design or there is way to make multiple connection to Oracle DB while DB creation.

Thanks

Vishal.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Vishal,

I tested this out and I did not find any problem with making "multiple connection to Oracle DB while DB creation".

I have attached a video of this test, in it you will see that firstly a new Oracle user is created, "newdb" on host 10.10.6.93, then a remote client (DBVisualiser) connects to that new Oracle user, then the installer successfully creates the Yellowfin schema in that "newdb" while the DBVisualiser connection is still connected.

If you could take a minute to watch the video and then let me know if I did some wrong steps then that would be great!

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave,

This issue occurred multiple time on QA Env. Even I haven't faced this issue,

Issue was:

yellowfin 7.1 or 7.3 already installed now upgrading to yellowfin 8 but a single Oracle SQL Developer connection was opened and yellowfin URL is not able access that's why installer could not able to upgrade yellowfin 8.

This might be case more people using that database via: Oracle SQL Developer

Will inform you if we face such problem in future.

Thanks,

Vishal

photo

OK Vishal, yes that would be good if you could please inform us if you face such a problem in the future.

thanks,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file