Dashboard - hide report names

Peter Flinn shared this idea 6 years ago
Completed

Is there a way to do this in 7.3?

Replies (16)

photo

Hi Peter,

I hope all is well,

Unfortunately there is no way to remove a report title within a dashboard. I can only suggest you raise this as an "Idea" within our community.

We can remove the report title from individual reports at report level, but this will still show within the dashboard. Please see below an explanation of this, although I know this is not what you are looking for:

Navigate to Data > Report Formatting > Title & Description

In these settings, change the Style to Custom, then set the Display Title and Display Description to "No", then click the “x” in the top-right corner to save these settings. Your Report Title and Description should now not be visible in your Report Output. See image below:

5e910f521cb6b812bb29490a4301ab5b

Regards,

Mark

photo

Sadly this is not what's needed, but thanks any way. This should be looked at as something better than a 'nice to have' in the context of dashboard design, since this give the dashboard a cleaner appearance.

photo

Hi Peter,

Thank you for getting back to me. I have gone ahead and switched this Question to an "Idea" as this will allow other users to vote for this option and hopefully having received enough votes we can then consider and submit to our Dev Team to see if we can have this within a future YF Build release. I hope this is ok.

Regards,

Mark

photo

mark, I'm using 7.4 nowadays, but this is still a problem for us. Report names are recorded so as to locate them within the system, so we don't necessarily want them appearing in our dashboards. Is there still no way of hiding these in a dashboard?

photo

Hi Peter,

I hope all is well,

Unfortunately we are still in a position of zero movement, we can modify these reports/dashboard titles through CSS, although some knowledge off CSS would be required as this is something that is not entirely supported from us, as this is external to YF. I can however point you in this direction.

NOTE: To my knowledge you would need to modify the dashboard.css file.

I also want to make you aware that we are in the process of re-vamping our Dashboard, this might be available through this,. although I can't confirm. More can be found here.

Let me know how you feel.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thnaks Mark - will review your suggestions, but it's my guess that we will not want to change the css files at this point. It's a little fiddly and time consuming! Look forward to seeing the new dashboards in due course.

photo

Hi Peter,

I hope all is well and apologies for the delay in responding... I will update you as and when we get any news on this. I hope this is ok.

Regards,

Mark

photo

I've looked at the dashboard.css file, and found a reference to the inherited font properties on line 821:

.portlet-header {

font-weight: bold;

font-size: 14px;

color: #ffffff;

font-family: Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

height:34px;

As you can see I have changed the font coloue to white (so it doesn't appear), but there must be some other inherited property because the report headers still appear in dark grey in the dashboard. Any suggestions?

photo

Found the solution - the same line in dashboardCombined.css has also to be updated. Restart the server, clear out all browser caches, log in and the report names are gone. :-)

photo

Hi Peter,

Thank you for sharing, I am pleased you found a solution and I am happy that you shared this with us. With this I will go ahead and change the status back to "New" - hopefully we can have our team leader review this soon and give you some further updates with where we stand.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Glad you found a solution with custom style changes, that's awesome news.

As for the underlying enhancement listed here , there is still no movement on it as yet, it has been included in the Yellowfin 8.0 dashboard re-write, so we will know more over the coming months.

Was there anything else you were after in the meantime?

Regards,

David

photo

No thanks David. I'll wait with interest for the new dashboards - feel free to close this off.

photo

Thanks for confirmation Peter.

Yep, this has been answered, and I'm sure you will be happy with the new dashboards once released (I've already had a play, and yup there is a lot of flexibility!)

photo

Has there been any progress with this issue and the new dashboard release since the last comment?

photo

Hi Katie, not as yet, though it is scheduled for our Dashboard re-write coming mid-2019.

Once we have movement on the release I can let you know.

Though if there was anything else you were after in the meantime, please let us know.

Regards,

David

photo

This is also a needed feature by us. It will be much better if we can edit the chart titles in a dashboard.

photo

Hi Albert, this will all be available in Yellowfin 9 which will be showcased later this month via our virtual summit. You can find out more on this even over here.Once we have released 9 I'll update this idea with confirmation that it's possible in v9.

Regards,

David

photo

Thanks, David. It will be better if I can edit the name/title of reports on a dashboard.

photo
photo

Hi Guys,

Just letting you know this option has been added to the latest 9.3 release.

More information on how this is possible can be found on our wiki here: Dashboard Reports

If you have any questions on this, or anything else, please let us know.

Regards,

David

photo

Thanks Richard!

As for your new request, I've moved it to it's own feature request here:

Hide/Show report description on a dashboard, where will communicate further.

Always welcome the feedback, much appreciated Richard!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file