BMC Horizontal Axis formatting Question

Peter Joran shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

All,

This is amilestone of a day for me - new to Yellowfin, new to the community, andthis is my first post. I'm working within a BMCRemedy system (9.1.04). The Yellowfin is unknown. It's great to be here and I look forward to workingin the community!

I need toformat the horizontal axis of a vertical bar chart to reflect to reflect weeks relativeto the current day; one vertical label to one bar. The label needs to look likethe following.

“WK1:1/11/2019 - 1/04/2019”

I think thisneeds be accomplished with a case statement (see attached document) but I amnot sure of the syntax and exactly how to implement. Any help is greatlyappreciated.

I apologizefor the basic question. I need to deploy quickly but really have not had anytime to spin-up. Trial by fire. Future posts will not be so nube like.

Many thanks,

Pete

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. Due to significant environment variables as a BMC client, inquiries should generally be directed to their support staff. http://www.bmc.com/support/support-central.html

That said, if your field is defined as a date, you can use groups to create grouped data by date, and define group values based on the current day (my ski team data set is old, but you'd use 7 days vs 1000 here):

e7b5de17591ece0abfdbc07326ec4e74

This will allow for customized date periods on your chart's horizontal axis.

I also want to let you know of some additional resources we have available to help further your Yellowfin knowledge, if you don't know already. We have the Yellowfin Wiki, which details various processes from Data Source to Report Building. We also have the Yellowfin University, at which you can register and take structured lessons on how to use Yellowfin. And lastly, which you seem to have found already, the Yellowfin Community. The Community is where you can find various knowledge base articles and open tickets with Support. These resources are all available to help you succeed in using Yellowfin..

Regards,

Eric

photo

Hi Peter,

Just wanted to check in, were you able to get up and running all right with your Yellowfin system?

Thanks

Eric

photo

Hi Peter,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Answered due to inactivity. Feel welcome to reach out with further inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file