Folder content and Historical Result Sets

Hugo Mendoza shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

For folder content, I see options to define Max Size, Max Versions, Max Age. I understand that the historical result sets (versions of the report) are stored in the database. Can these different versions be accessed via the interface, or is the database the only option? If only by db, is there guidance on table names, etc.

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Hugo,

To answer your question, it is possible for different versions of scheduled reports can be accessed via the interface. This requires the archiving function to be enabled. Details about the process can be found in our wiki -

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/USER80/Refreshing+Report+Data

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Thank you Eric.

Helpful, yes. A question: How are these different from Snapshots?

photo

Hi Hugo,

The main difference between archiving and snapshots: archived copies are created automatically upon report refreshes, without user interaction, as opposed to Snapshots which are created through explicit user activity. Archived copies are designed as more of a "backup" feature, where Snapshots have additional functionality for use as a reporting and collaboration feature. Archived reports are overwritten based on the Max Versions setting you referred to, whereas Snapshots are retained until removed manually.

More information on snapshots can be found on the wiki -

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/USER80/Snapshots

Thanks,

Eric

photo

This is great Eric.

Thank you for the explanation and the links.

Regards, Hugo

photo

Glad to assist Hugo, I will in turn mark this question as Answered.

One last thing, we would be grateful if you could take a moment to provide your feedback by completing our Closed Request Survey.

It will take less than 15 seconds to complete and is vital in helping us to continually monitor and improve our levels of service to you.

As usual please reach out to us if there was anything else we can help you with.

Best,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file