Cant add Calculated field to filter

Mala shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

We are using currently YF 7.2 build 20162012. When we try creating a calculated field in view or report level , we are not able to add that calculated field to the filter.This issue was not present in the previous build.

I have attached the screen shot for your reference.

Thanks,

Mala

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Mala,

I am attempting to replicate this but am having trouble. To clarify here, does this happen for all calculated fields?

Prior to 20161205 (December) it was not possible to add Freehand-SQL fields as filters to your report, and trying to do so would result in the same error you are noticing. As you are currently on an interim build based on the August release, this feature is currently unavailable to you.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

We had received an 7.2 interim build with few fixes .See links below. Can we have the calculated field issue part of the this build or can we have all these fixes part of dec build?

files.yellowfin.bi/downloads/interim/7.2/yellowfin-20170320-full.exe

files.yellowfin.bi/downloads/interim/7.2/yellowfin-20170320-update.exe

files.yellowfin.bi/downloads/interim/7.2/yellowfin-20170320-full.jar

files.yellowfin.bi/downloads/interim/7.2/yellowfin-20170320-update.jar

This build is theofficial 7.2 August release, with the additional 3 fixes:

234404 - YF notreleasing the idle connection

243443 - Accessfilter issue

5042 - Co-displaycrosstab column and row totals display as text in excel export

Please confirm,

Regards,

Mala

photo

Hi Mala,

I will discuss this with the staff and get back to you shortly. However, my initial thought is that most of these issues have already been patched into the most recent builds, so rather than recieve another interim, it might be better to switch to the current version.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Mala,

As all of these issues have been fixed in the most recent build, it would be counter-productive to issue a deprecated interim build. I would suggest updating to the 20170222 (Febuary), build or the March build which should be released within the next few days.

Please let me know if this does not work for you.

Regards,

Nathan

photo
photo

Hi Mala,

I am going to close this case for now, but if you have any additional questions please let me know.

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file