Add Predefined Periods to Calendar Control

Larry Beasley shared this idea 5 years ago
Idea Logged

I wanted to default display this fiscal years' data for a number of linked reports on my dashboard. The reports are already created but there isn't a prompt specifically formatted for each report that is setup for predefined periods. If someone wants to look at a specific date range, then it would be necessary to have two prompts, one for date range and another for predefined periods. I don't think that there is a good business reason to keep the two prompt styles separate. I would like to get rid of the need to have a specific prompt for the sole purpose of predefined periods. I envision predefined periods as a drop down beneath the calendar pop-up. When someone chooses the predefined period, the dates are then populated into the calendar control. Then, just as I can set a dynamic date as the date default, I should be able to set 'Financial Period' as an option for the dynamic date.

Replies (1)

photo

Hey Larry,

Hope you are well and thanks for reaching out!

I've raised this to the devs as an enhancement, as i'm currently aware the devs are mostly prioritising fixes over enhancements for the time being, however, once i get an update on this i will be sure to let you know too!

If you have any questions please let me know and i'll get back to you soon as :)

Thanks & Best Wishes,

Lesley

Leave a Comment

Attach a file