Dashboard linked data filter not working in JSAPI dashboard page

Nick Eddy shared this problem 5 years ago
Resolved

Hi Team,

I am displaying a dashboard via JSAPI.

I wish to filter one of the reports via another, so have setup this data link:

/a40c82f58b477c4320cd8294c68d9ea5

/e20bf1346a8d5640382bd8d4c17dded0

This works in the dashboard when viewed in Yellowfin's environment, however not when dashboard is displayed using the JSAPI.

Do you know if this should work? and if so is there a specific JSAPI function I need to call when loading to ensure that this happens?

Regards,

Nick

YF info:

Application Version:7.4.6

java.version:9.0.4

Servlet API Version:3.1JSP API Version:2.3

Replies (12)

photo

Hi Nick,

Thanks for reaching out with the issue you're facing. I wanted to let you know we've received your request. Due to the holidays Support replies may be a bit delayed. Someone from Support will be with you as soon as able.

Happy Holidays,

Ryan

photo

Hi Nick,

Thanks for reaching us.

I have found a similar issue raised by other team member in relation to filters on Dashboard doesn't work when called using JSAPI.

Would you mind sending me your JSAPI file, I want to compare and add your issue as well along with that existing task. If the issue is same then I can discuss with team members to prioritise the issue to fix it. Also for the moment all the developers are on christmas holidays. I can only get you more information once they are back in January 2019.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you need any other help.

Kind Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hi Mahe,

Please find attached JSP file.

Regards, Nick

photo
photo

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the JSP file. I have gone thru the file.

I am not sure if this is going to change but Would you mind changing the code from "encodeURI" to "encodeURIComponent"

Can you please email me the screenshot of the error you see when you access Dashboard with filters using JSAPI?

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hi Nick,

Hope you are doing well.

I am doing followup on this issue.

Can you please update me how did it all go?

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hi Nick,

Hope you are doing well.

Can you please update me how did it all go?

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hi Mahesh,

I changed it to encodeURIComponent, but there was no functional difference.

I was told last year that there was going to be a significant update to the JSAPI this year. Is this the case?

If so I can wait and see if this solves the issue. It is not a critical issue for users.

Regards,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

Yes, this issue is not fixed yet in the YF code. So this issue still stands.

I will keep you updated once the fix is done.

Kind Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hi Nick,

I ran across this and wanted to pass along some thoughts. The change to the url encoding needs to be made to the Yellowfin JS code found in youryf/appserver/webapps/ROOT/js/jsapi/dash.js....from:

src += '&yfFilter' + k + '=';
to

src += '&yfFilter' + encodeURIComponent(k) + '=';
Let me know if this works. Nathan

photo

Hi Nick,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Nick,

Just touching base with you to see if you were able to implement the modification Nathan sent through and if this has helped you resolve this issue? Was there anything else I can do to assist?

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal, haven't had to revisit this. Happy for you to close.

photo

Hi Nick,

That's good to hear, if you need anything in future please don't hesitate to reach out.

Cheers,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Attach a file