Can users be restricted based on dates

Ashan Meegoda shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

One of our clients has sold their business to a new owner but wants to see the past data till the date business was sold. The new owner wants to see the new data from the day he has purchased the business. Is there a way to restrict access based on dates?

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Ashan,

I hope all is well,

To my knowledge this is not possible, however this sounds like a brilliant idea...

Maybe an option at the Admin User level to filter data for specific dates set for specific users? This would work so that when a user signs in, they only have access to the data (reports, dashboards, stories etc.) for the dates that have been set.

With this I will also question this further with my team to see if this has been discussed in the past. If you could get back to me asap with feedback on this potential "idea" iI would appreciate this greatly. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Ashan,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base to see if you need any further assistance with this issue, if you can get back to me asap I would appreciate this greatly. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delay in reply,

The date filtering was not required as we created a different account for a new owner and old owner as the old owner wanted to introduce his new business so it was easier for us add a data source which contains data till the date he sold the business. However, I'm sure I will be using the functionality that you suggested in the near future. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Best regards,

Ashan Meegoda.

photo

Hi Ashan,

Thank you for the update. Do you want me to go ahead and raise this as an Idea? I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Yes, please. I think it is an initiative that can be useful for many organizations.

Best regards,

Ashan

photo

Hi Ashan,

I have gone ahead and added this as an idea, you can find this here.

Regards,

Mark

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file