Issues connecting to Salesforce

Angeliki Koupa shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hello,

I have connected Yellowfin to salesforce and I am trying utilise the data but unfortunately I am facing two different issues with the standard way and the data transformation flow :

- Using views

Although the connection is successful and the ready-made dashboards have been populated with data , so I can see sales details etc it is not possible to see the data through views -> reports.

For example I am trying to see the contacts or the accounts table and it comes back as seen in the attached image (Error retrieving results).

Any idea why I cannot see the data although the connection is successful ?

- Using a transformation flow

Interesting enough the data can be found when creating a transformation flow. So the exact same data from the same tables loads normally without issues in the data preview panel.

However, the problem for me here is that there is no database shown to save the data as shown in the image DBissue :

Is there some article that explains how to create a writable db or what configuration is required for this ?

Thanks,

Angie

/affe4ba7d1a880d4f0387d086b47df2f

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Angeliki,

Thanks for reaching out.

On the first point on not seeing data in a report. Clues to this would likely be contained in your logs. Can you send over a compressed copy of your entire logs folder located at <YellowfinInstall>/appserver/logs? Although I am a little confused about this phrasing: "it is not possible to see the data through views -> reports" Can you send a screenshot of the entire screen in the application where this is occurring, not just the error message since I'm unsure where specifically you're referring to?

For point 2, you'll want to reference our Wiki entry on Data Transformations. In this article there's a header called 'Writable Data Source' which details how to set a data source to Writable. This is of course not recommended to be done with the embedded HSQL database, as that is intended only for very basic functionality testing.

Please let me know how this goes and if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Angeliki,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your help a while ago, it did help me solve the issue.

Regards,Angie

photo

Hi Angeliki,

Glad to hear it. Thanks for confirming!

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

photo

If you need to connect to Salesforce, it's good to use odbc driver salesforce.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file