PDF Shrink to Fit Consistency

Jason Kaczmarek shared this problem 5 years ago
Completed

When I export reports with sections to PDF, and select the Shrink to Fit option, the widths of the sections vary. I would love to see all sections shrink to the same width so the report is easier to read and has a consistent look. Below is an example of how it looks now. (v7.4.6)

1f6165968e60ee4dbb4bedb95074a804

Jason

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Jason,

I'm just trying to understand this a bit better - I can see that each of the images is cropped differently, for example, the 3rd image is cropped just after the "D" of the "Debit" column, whereas the 4th image is twice as wide as the 3rd and this is because it is cropped from the beginning of the preceeding column "MstrName".

Are you saying that Yellowfin is doing this cropping? The reason I ask is that so far I haven't been able to reproduce such varying widths as yours in my PDF section-report:

/Q3PfGaqx9HkAAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

regards,

David

photo

David,

The image I uploaded is part of a single PDF page that Yellowfin created. The data width in my report varies, so Yellowfin is expanding the column to fit, but doing this per section, instead of doing this report-wide.

In the image you uploaded, I see that the column width is dependent on the lengthy column names. Since the column names are the same in each section, I would expect all sections to be the same size. Please try querying string fields of varying length, but replace the column names with short names.

Thank you,

Jason

photo

David,

I should also point out the extra white-space between the first two sections. This seems to appear only once per page; however is not necessarily on every page. That's not critical, but it would be nice if that was cleaned-up.

Jason

photo

Hi Jason,

thanks for the extra directions, and with that knowledge I was able to replicate the issue so I have raised a product defect so it gets fixed.

Regarding that 2nd issue you mentioned - the extra white space between first 2 sections - I have raised another ticket for it so it doesn't get confused with this one, the ticket ID Is #11720-12-11

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file