Show report filters on dashboard

Siim Neljandik shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hello,

Is it possible to show filters applied to individual reports on the dashboard. In the report filter setup there is an option to show them when you open the report but is there something similar to show them on the dashboard?

All the best

Siim N

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Slim,

Thanks for getting in touch. Yes it is possible to show the filter(s) on the dashboard for each report and you can also link them across the reports if required. There is more information on this here, however I have just created and attached a quick video showing you how to do this for displaying a simple filter for one report (then added another oops). There is also this Youtube video which goes through Linking filters (and a much better voice)

You can change the way the filters are presented in the dashboard and can link them (if required) to other reports allowing certain reports to be refreshed (I.E. If say 2 reports have a Country filter, then linking will allow all of these reports to be updated)

Let me know how you go or if you need anything else on this.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hello,

Sorry, I should have clarified, I didn't mean showing them in the filter area, but displaying them on top of each report in the dashboard as you can do with the "Display Filter Values" option in a report.

All the best,

Siim N

photo

Hi Siim,

No problems at all. Unfortunately this is not possible to show the filter inside each report within the dashboard (I believe by design as to not clutter up the page), so the filters are purely enabled and displayed as mentioned previously, or on the left, right or left navigation bar. It could be raised as an Idea to the dev team?

Regards,

Paul

photo
photo

Hi Siim,

Hope you had a good weekend.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

photo

Hello,

Since you have fully answered my question, you can mark this as resolved.

Regards,Siim

photo

Hi Siim,

Thanks for getting back to me. If you need anything else, please keep in touch but closing this off for now.

Regards,

Paul

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file