Labels not working with Geo Polygon's in GIS Google Maps

Edgar Kautzner shared this problem 5 years ago
Defect Fixed

Hi,

Labels don't seem to be working with Google Maps - when I turn labels on, the image missing icons (shown in image below) show over each polygon.

/AeSbYVoYUDYEAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Edgar,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm so far unable to replicate this. Are you using the standard Google Maps chart? Also, when you say turning on Labels, are you just talking about pulling in a Dimension or Metric into the Labels section, and referring to what should be the red circle images?

/gO53rytsEG9CgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I'm using the GIS google map (using a single geography field, not separate fields for long and lat).

Cheers,Edgar

photo
photo

Hi Edgar,

Thanks for clarifying. The GIS Google Map is still working for me. Just want to make sure you have a Google Map API key inputted into Yellowfin, if you can confirm.

Can you run this report once more then send a compressed copy of your entire logs folder located at <YellowfinInstall>/appserver/logs ? There may be some indication in there of what's occurring here.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Edgar,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the slow reply. Yes, I'm using a google API key.

I've attached the logs. Thanks again!

Cheers,Edgar

Files: logs.zip
photo
photo

Hi Edgar,

Thanks for supplying these. Interestingly, it looks like the error being generated relates to Tool Tips, so there are a couple things I can think of here.

I'd be curious to know whether this works in different browsers. Can you test that? Can you also confirm which browser you're running this in in the first place? We have seen cases where Browser Add-On's have interfered with Chart functionality, so it would be preferable to either use a fresh install of another browser and/or of the same browser and not logging in.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

I have tested in the following envionments:

- My local PC, chrome

- My local PC, IE

- Fresh install of windows, chrome

- Fresh install of windows, IE

The labels do not appear correctly in any of the situations above.

Please note that the tooltips are working correctly, it's the labels that are not working.

Can you please send a screenshot of what you can see with the labels turned on to make sure we're both talking about the same thing?

Thanks,

Edgar

photo
photo

Hi Mike,

I believe that what you're showing is a tool tip, not a label.

Also, you're using geopoints not polygons - my data is using polygons.

Can you please give it a try on your system using polygons instead?

Thanks!

Edgar

photo
photo

Hi Edgar,

I am able to replicate what you're seeing now:

/wcvG0R1bviMtwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Labels appear to be broken when using a GIS Google Chart with Geo Polygon data.

I've found the same error message that was found in your logs upon replicating as well:

YF:2018-12-11 08:33:37:ERROR (RequestProcessor:processMapping) - Invalid path was requested /undefinedMIDrawToolTipAction
I've logged a defect for this. Any potential updates regarding this matter will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Edgar,

I'm writing to inform you that this has been marked as fixed and will be published in our upcoming 7.4.9 and 8.0.1 builds.

I don't have the exact ETA for either build, I believe 7.4.9 should be in a couple weeks (maybe less), and 8.0.1 shortly thereafter. Actually, what version are you currently running? This way I can inform you as soon as the appropriate build for the corresponding version is published.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Edgar,

I'm writing to inform you this has been fixed in 8.0.1 and 7.4.9, both of which have been published. You can download latest builds here.

Regards,Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file