Can we customize the log out page?

Bharath Kumar shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I see a document to customize the login page, can we also customize the log out page?

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/USER74/Custom+Login+Page

We would like to change the behavior of the logout button so that it redirects to a custom page (other than the login page as it is by default). Is there any way to do that ?

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Bharath,

There is no specific logout page as such which you can change, so the only way you can specify a specific logout page is with INDEX_PAGE parameter in the login form on the login page. If you look at the source of the login page and you'll see it there:

<input type="hidden" name="org" value="1" />

<input type="hidden" name="INDEX_PAGE" value="/login.jsp" />

<input type="hidden" name="action" />

Please note, that this will work, unless the user's session times out.

However you could modify the login page and make it smarter, where you could see where the user came from based on the referrer in the request (whether from an internal Yellowfin URL or elsewhere), and display something different. This would work whether the user logged out, or their session ended due to a timeout. You would need to look for specific code to do this, but from a quick look around on the web, there appears to be quite a few solutions.

As always with changes like this, please test this out on a dev or test server first.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. When the user clicks on logout, the YF session tab should close it self from the browser. Can we configure this way?

-Bharath

photo

Hi Bharath,

This could be possible as long as the window is a child window (as I think there are some restrictions to this with web standards), but again you might need to put some smart checking in the index page to determine this. I have not tried this but there is a lot of information on JS window closing. Just need to make sure it is captured correctly so it's not closing incorrectly.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Bharath,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved or do you have all the information you now need to close this off?

Regards,

photo

Hi Bharath,

Just following up on this and wondering how it's going?

Cheers,

Paul

photo

Hi Bharath,

Just letting you know that I am closing off this ticket for now as I have not heard back from you and can assume that you now have everything you need. If this is not the case and you require further information, please just re-open this ticket.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file