BMC - How to setup Broadcast of reports by filtering data for each Email recipient on Yellowfin 7.4?

Nikhilesh Aglawe shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Nikhelish,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm not 100% sure, but it seems to me what you'd be looking for here is to restrict data using Access Filters.

Please reference our Wiki entry on Restricting Data With Access Filters. In the article, you'll see explained that it is possible to set an Identifier Type in the Filter Parameters. Identifier Type's and Identifier's are used to identify a Yellowfin user. The Identifier Type can be set to an e-mail address.

Please let me know if this is what you seem to be after here. If this doesn't appear to be the correct thing, please expand on what it is you're looking for.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

"

A report can be created to list email addresses for broadcasting. The email addresses don’t have to belong to Yellowfin users. Other columns in this report can be linked to the main report as filters, resulting in a uniquely filtered report sent to each email address.

Select the report you wish to use.Note: the column that contains the email addresses in this report must be formatted as ‘Email’ to be displayed in the list. To do this:

a. Select the column in the Columns format menu.

b. Open the Display menu for the column.

c. Set the Format option to be Email."

I am referring to this piece of information in the docs. Can you give step by step way to achieve this?

photo

Hi Nikhelish,

Thanks for clarifying. We do happen to have another case where this question was asked and detailed. If you read through this Question, I believe it should get you to what you're after here: "Broadcast Report to email address that are in report". This response basically picks up after the portion you've highlighted, detailing what you do in the Broadcast section after setting the columns' format to Email.

Please let me know if this helps get this accomplished for you and if not, please try and work through setting this up and I'll be happy to field more specific questions, but I think the highlighted doc and response linked here might get you there.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the information. I could Successfully do the required.

Regards,

Nikhilesh

photo

Hi Nikhilesh,

Great! That's good to hear. I'll go ahead and close this case out then.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file