Ability to Broadcast Storyboards

Guest shared this idea 5 years ago
Completed

Hello,

Is it possible somehow to broadcast a storyboard?

In one of the scenario's we would like to broadcast a storyboard as it tell a story. By using Access Filters (Global filters) we would expect every recipient to receive a different version with only the data that is relevant for them.

The storyboard would exist of some reports and some general text about the data that is shown.

Looking at the options I have I guess this is currently not possible but I would like to be corrected :-).

Regards,

Jeroen

Replies (4)

photo

Hi JeRoen,

Thanks for reaching out. It is not currently possible to broadcast a Storyboard, though you can Share a storyboard while accessing it.

I've gone ahead and changed this Question into an Idea item and submitted an enhancement request for this, but I will say that I think it highly unlikely this would be developed, but I'll keep you posted on any potential updates in this ticket.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi JeRoen,

I have an update regarding this: "we are in the middle of rebuilding dashboards. The ability to broadcast a dashboard is part of that scope. Storyboard and Dashboard will become merged in the future (although they will look as they do now) so once we enable this for dashboards, it will be enabled for Storyboards as well.

This will be late 2019."

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi JeRoen,

Just letting you know this is forthcoming in 8.1, which will be published in about a month. I will update this Idea item once more when build is published.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi JeRoen,

8.1 is now being called Version 9 and the feature that's replacing the now-deprecated Storyboard is called Yellowfin Present. There is a beta of Version 9 available, but it won't be ready for most users until around February. If you do happen to be interested in trying the beta though, you can request that here and discuss with your Account Manager.

Either way, this Idea is essentially implemented there, so be on the lookout for Version 9 when the time comes and I'm going to go ahead and mark this as Completed for now. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file