Drill through - link to detail report on the specific value

Kalaiselvan shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

I have created one summary report and one detail level report. I tried to use "Drill through" option to link the detail level report to summary report (attached screenshot of summary report output).

Could you please check and advice the below points

1. If i click any one of the value, it gives the entire detail level report instead of the specific value detail (for eg. if i click 2018/01 value the detail level report should contains only Jan-18 data alone)

2. Is possible to enable link on the total, to display the detail level report for the entire year. since it is selected only 2018.

3. Also, is possible to link two fields for drill through on the same detail report (eg. Year, Month)

Thanks for your anticipation.

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Thanks for reaching out.

1. If you are clicking a Drill Down link and are not seeing a specific value detail, then the drill through is not setup correctly. Likely, the child report is missing the required filter for the field in your parent report. Please reference below linked Drill Through Reports Wiki entry and follow steps to set this up properly.

2. You can only drill down on field values, so you cannot drill down on Totals, as they are calculated within YF atop your data.

3. Same as 1, you just need a filter for each field in your child report.

Please reference our very detailed Wiki entry on Drill Through Reports. If you follow the steps laid out within, you should be able to set this all up properly. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response. I have tried and still it didn't work out. Please find the attached screenshots for your reference.

From summary i have clicked the in 2018 / 06, but the detail report (second report) gives the data from Jan-18 to Dec-18 instead of Jun-18.

Could you please check and advice.

Thanks,

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

You have your hyperlink on the Month field but don't have a field or filter value being passed for those values:

/z99puLIgHGdlgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Your child report "...Project Details..." needs to have the Month field and filter in it to properly pass those values.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

In this report I have renamed the "Period" as "Month", means both are same column. Is this what you meant?

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

This would probably be easier to address via screen-share. Are you available to do so on Monday (or any day next week)? I can't today.

Most any time between 9 AM - 4:30 PM EST M-F next week should work. Please let me know when works best for you.

In the mean time I'd recommend carefully re-reading through the Drill Through Wiki entry I linked as it might prompt you to resolve what the issue may be. May be worth a shot at least!

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file