How to show traffic lights as well as values in a report?

Gabriel Roncancio shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hey there,

Just wanted to know if there is some workaround to display the traffic light icon as well as the value of a field in a single column. Right now i'm displaying things as shown in the attached screenshot, however what I want is to display both the Invoiced Amount as well as the traffic light in a single column.

Thanks for your help!

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Gabriel,

what do you think of this workaround?

/Ow2kiCQUn0AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

The steps are:

1) make the Traffic Light column left-aligned

2) remove the column heading of the Traffic Light column by following this article

Hope you like it!

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave,

I have tested your alternative. However, as I am using an advanced conditional format based on a hidden column to simulate totals and subtotals, the end result does shows a white vertical line on each total or subtotal row, making it too evident that they are two different columns, as displayed in the screenshot below. Looking at your example, this white line only shows at the header, which is acceptable. Taking that into consideration do you think there are other alternatives (e.g. I was thinking of custom formatters)?

Thanks!

Gabriel

3aa29adf1982a28d8be2d0eda9319469

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 8:39 PM Support Queue <support@yellowfin.bi> wrote:

photo

Hi Gabriel,

I'm sorry you didn't like my workaround, but I understand the point about the white line and the subtotal row.

I imagine that custom formatters should do the job if you've got time to play around with them, also, I would say that the feature called Javascript Charts should give you enough flexibility to achieve your requirement (I remember once finding an open source javascript chart that was a table, that would certainly be a good base to work from). Unfortunately I haven't attempted anything like your requirement using either feature yet, and I don't have the time at the moment to play around with them, so I am not of any use here. But if you would like one of our professional services team to do the work for you then please let me know and I'll ask your account manager to organise it. Please let us know how you get on with this.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. If I get some time to test, I'll give the custom formatters a try and let you know how it goes. For now, I guess my question is solved.

Good bye and thanks for your time!

Gabriel

photo

no worries Gabriel, good luck with your coding, and please feel free to inform the Yellowfin Community how you get on with it.

regards,

David

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file