Incorrect date in exported report XLS file name

Adam Lloyd shared this problem 5 years ago
Resolved

When exporting reports to the XLSX format, the date in the filename is the previous date. When the report is exported as a PDF or a CSV, the date in the filename is the current date. I've confirmed that the server time is correct.

It is expected that the date in the filename should always be the current date; why is yesterday's date being used for XLS reports? Is this fixed in newer versions?

Best Answer
photo

Hi Guys,

After some further testing, I think I understand what is happening here.

Yellowfin is taking the users profile region into consideration when creating the file name.

E.g. Right not in Melbourne its 1pm on 30/10/2018

If I set my profile region to Melbourne, the filename has 30 Oct.

However if I switch my region to the States, my filename has a date of 29th. As it's currently 9pm on 29/10/2018.

06c488e80293cd0072f6f6c780e77c4e

637805409b4037056f86f3ddce8af959

Is there something I'm missing here? Maybe a different scenario where the above is not true?

Thanks,David

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Adam,

Thanks for reaching us.

This is known issue and we have logged a defect.

We will update you as soon as this issue is fixed.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hi Mahe,

Could you please share the defect id for the same.

-Bharath

photo

Hi Bharath,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,David

photo

Hi David,

Thanks for the followup, we are good for now.

Regards,

Bharath

photo

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation :) .

Please let us know if there was anything else you were after.

Regards,

David

photo
photo

Hi Bharath,

The defect itself is tied to this request, so you only need to reference this request #8972 to anyone in Yellowfin and they will be able to track the progress.

From what I can see, this issue was logged in 7.2, which is almost out of support, so our best way forward here it to ensure the issue has been (or will be) addressed in 7.3 + releases. I'm happy to test this out for you, and can get back to you with my results.

Please let me know if there was anything else you were after in the meantime.

Regards,

David

photo

Hi Guys,

After some further testing, I think I understand what is happening here.

Yellowfin is taking the users profile region into consideration when creating the file name.

E.g. Right not in Melbourne its 1pm on 30/10/2018

If I set my profile region to Melbourne, the filename has 30 Oct.

However if I switch my region to the States, my filename has a date of 29th. As it's currently 9pm on 29/10/2018.

06c488e80293cd0072f6f6c780e77c4e

637805409b4037056f86f3ddce8af959

Is there something I'm missing here? Maybe a different scenario where the above is not true?

Thanks,David

photo

Hi David,

Is there a way to append or remove the date from the exported file name?.

When you actually Export/Import repository, over there we get yellowfin.xml, yellowfin(1).xml, yellowfin(2).xml,....

Is it possible to have similar kind of naming here while exporting to pdf or csv? It should be like first export name would be export, then export(1), export(2) etc.,

-Bharath

photo

Hi Bharath,

This change was was for the greater good, and in later Yellowfin releases we've adopted it to the Admin exports also ;)

f9d85fb70b23084ca650d233f7525e8f

Sorry it's just how it works.

In the end I think the clients will learn to love it even more ;)

Regards,

David

photo

Thanks David :)

photo

anytime :)

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file