Double Axes Graphs

Tiana B. shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hey there,

I am trying to graph mutliple metrics on one graph, because we are trying to look at all metrics to see if there is a trend in our accounts. But when I go to graph it looks like this:

/AYICeogRBNFMAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

This becomes a problem because some of our metrics, we want to stay above 95% and some we want to stay below 5% so when we graph it, it is almost impossible to see all the metrics for what they are. So I was wondering if there was a way to use a line graph with double axes.

Regards,

Tiana

Replies (11)

photo

Hi Tiana,

Yes there is a couple of ways you can do this. You can use the Overlay Chart and combine 2 charts such as shown below. There is more information on Combination chart which you can find here. There is also a video (which is for 7.3, but still valid, although some things may slightly different), which you can find here.

The first option will display as follows. You can adjust the axis as required, such as starting at x and finishing as y or let it do it for you, change the colours, title etc.

cb80e318f0cf88674b8dc2f82d731d41

The second option will display as follows. This will create 2 different graphs below each other. You can also modify / add labels as required.

c2a806a70db3081f819685828b8f8ab3

Please have a look at the link provided and it should provide you with the solution you are looking for. If not, please get back to me and let me know.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much. The overlay map is exactly what I wanted. One question about it though. If I am trying to graph several metrics where the first two are higher values than the other 5, will YF automatically decide which axis each metric should use or is this not a function that can be used with this graph type?

Regards,

Tiana

photo

Hi Tiana,This can be selected when you go through the process of creating the chart. You simply decide which Series metric you want to go into which Chart as per below. Let me know if this is not clear.

689ae03fb74981a278f021619ded187d

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much for that. Another question, is there any way to change the tool tip settings so that the labels look like this:

/P4M0Q6Qy7aAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

rather than this

/B8DNP6nGa1TxAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

I want to be able to display all metrics at once, rather than just one at a time.

Regards,

Tiana

photo

Hi Tiana,

I would love to say yes, but this is currently not an option for the multi chart at this stage. If you like I can raise this as an idea for future development with the dev team. Would you like me to do this for you?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

I do think that would be a great add-on/option for these types of graphs. If you could raise this as an idea, that would be great! Thank you!

Regards,

Tiana

photo

Hi Tiana,

As discussed, I have now raised this as an idea now as per IDEA : https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/allow-multiple-tooltips-on-overlay-charts

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

I'm good for now, thank you very much!

Regards,

Tiana

photo

Hi Tiana,

Thanks for the update. I will close this off for now.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Tiana,

I have had some feedback from the dev team and apparently this is not an issue and does actually work. The reason it does not work immediately with an overlay chart is because the Time Series needs to be turned on, where this is done by default for line charts. I was not aware of this so apologise for not providing this info earlier. Please see attached for output.

c5a6defab08f5e741264c0d81fb9d395

f20017d6ddaafda008312137e4ce4136

Please try this and let me know how this goes.

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Thank you for the update!

Regards,

Tiana

Leave a Comment

Attach a file