Read Data from Excel automatically

Mohammad Al Taj shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi ,

I have Excel file updated evrey hour can i make chart on it to be updated automatically if the excel data updated ?

Thanks

Replies (3)

photo

hey Mohammed,

I Hope you are well! :)

My understanding of this is, you have a chart in yellowfin which you have exported to excel, as the chart updates in yellowfin, you would like it to also update in excel...could you clarify if this is what you meant? If not then my apologies for the misunderstanding.

Thanks & i look forward to your response! :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Miss Lesley,

No My data source is excel file and this file has changeable data day by day, i need our chart update depend on the data source change automatically .

Thanks

photo

Hi Mohammed,

My apologies for the confusion.

May i ask what version and build of yellowfin you're using? As far as i know yellowfin has not supported excel as a data source since version 6.1.

Have you been saving your open files as CSV to import the data into yellowfin?

Since its not possible to create a data source based on a CSV/XLS file, as a workaround, what you could do is import the CSV to your selected database, which is then used to create reports.

If you update your CSV (add extra rows), you can actually update this file, so the existing reports will return the latest data.

If that option interests you, you will find a more detailed explanation and a step by step guide on how to do so here: CSV Data Imports

Let me know if this is a viable workaround for you or if you have any further questions!

Thanks & I look forward to your response :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Thanks Lesley , It's Clear for me .

Close this topic please...

photo

Sure thing, Mohammad

If you have any further question regarding this, i'm happy to help! :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file