Where I can find the Navigation Menu in 7.4 after upgrade from 7.1

Jhansi Kommineni shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I recently upgraded from 7.1 to 7.4. But I could not find the Navigation Menu.

/M4eupVfW8AAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

As part of upgrade, first we upgraded from 7.1 to 7.2 and then 7.4 as per David Registro suggestion.

Here I could n't find the view section in 7.4 as View section has been moved to Navigation Menu. From here I realised that I could not Navigation Menu. Is there any configuration setting to get that menu.

You can replicate the issue from below steps. I did replicated in my local system.

1. Install 7.1

2. Upgrade to 7.2

3. Upgrade to 7.4

You can see the screen like this below after upgrade from 7.1 to 7.2 and then 7.4.

Below is the system Information.

System InformationApplication Version:7.4.7Build:20180824Java Version:1.7.0_80Operating System:Linux 2.6.32-696.30.1.el6.x86_64 (amd64)

Thanks Jhansi

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Jhansi,

Thanks for getting in touch. This is actually not an upgrade bug. In 7.4 if you choose to have the Navigation Menu at the top and not the left, then this does not appear as pictured in this section of Yellowfin in the Browse window as the menu is at the top.

You can change this to Left Navigation, which will then show in this section. You can find this in Admin Console / Configuration / General Settings.

f29a6dc0246dfc5e6a9746ec0c894145

Please let me know if this is what you are looking for?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update. Where can I find the View section if I configured "Navigation Style" as "Toolbar Navigation". I could not see the View section in Admin Console and Browse as well. Can you please let me know if any configuration is there for View section.

Thanks

Jhansi

photo

Hi Jhansi,

Yes things can be a little confusing. You can browse the views by clicking on the world icon within the Browse windows as per below.

2620f9736dbe9611a4f14bc667fd079b

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update. I can see the view section. You can close the ticket

Thanks

Jhansi

photo

Hi Jhansi,

Thats great to hear. Closing off the ticket.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file