Report Must be Manually Refreshed

Tiana B. shared this problem 5 years ago
Resolved

Hey there,

I have made a report today where there are 2 subqueries where store = store. the first 3 fields are filtered with a Last hour filter and the last 3 are filtered by between current date - 2 hrs and current date - 1 hr. Whenever I go to check my report it looks like this http://prntscr.com/lcu65o even if there is data in it. The only way to get the data to reappear is if I go in to "edit" the report and then republish it. This is what it should look like http://prntscr.com/lcu83l (we are getting new data every hour so this should never be completely blank). This is very problematic because we are trying to create a broadcast off of this report for if the flag column = 1 we are notified, but the report never seems to be working properly, so I am worried we won't ever get a broadcast if it does change.

Regards,

Tiana

Replies (13)

photo

Hi Tiana,

Thanks for reaching out. Just to clarify, are you saying that the report where you're not seeing the updated data is using the report caching feature? If so, please head into Administration > Schedule Management and first check to make sure it is indeed scheduled to refresh data every hour (or whatever you've set it to). If it's showing 'Failed' for some reason, then please send over a compressed copy of your entire logs folder, located at <YellowfinInstall>/appserver/logs. If it's not showing failed, please head into the corresponding and re-check the report schedule to ensure it is set to time desired and send a screenshot of the set-up there.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

I am not using the caching feature whatsoever for this report. whenever I go to view the report i shows no data other than the stores but once I go in to edit it there is data and after I publish it there is data, but when I go to look at other things then come back, there is nothing.

Regards,

Tiana

photo

Here is a video depicting what is happening.

photo

Hi Tiana,

Thank you for providing this information. When you sent your previous reply I thought this sounded like a previous case I had, so I was trying to find that case again. After seeing this video though, I don't think that is related.

What stands out to me is that it looks like your Main Query results are loading, but the Sub Query results are not until they're being executed. What I'm curious of is the format settings for the filtering in your report:

/pGUJKV2yOwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==What I'm most curious of is whether Autorun Report on Load is turned off like above?

If not, please let me know what type of Sub-Queries you're using (append?) and I'll try to replicate the sub-queries and filter setup as defined in your initial post and follow-up with any potential questions. Based on the observed behavior, I suspect this in some way relates to the sub-query/filtering setup.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

My autorun is turned on http://prntscr.com/ld6l7f

They are both append queries.

Regards,

Tiana

photo

Hi Tiana,

Thanks for confirming. I'm still not able to replicate thus far. Can you please also provide your Filter Formatting settings for the Date fields?

I'm looking for your settings under both Display and Entry Style:

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

As these filters are not user entry filters rather than just set filters, I cannot provide you with those details because those settings are not available for me.

http://prntscr.com/ld9qyo

http://prntscr.com/ld9r3p

Regards,

Tiana

photo

Hi Tiana,

Thanks. I still can't replicate this and I've managed to match your setup pretty much exactly at this point. I can't find any previous cases like this either. I'm curious as to whether anything shows up in the logs related to this. Can you re-attempt this by going back into the report where you don't see the sub query results loading, then go to edit it where the results do show up, then subsequently send over a compressed copy of your entire logs folder (<YellowfinInstall>/appserver/logs)? If nothing of note's in there I'll have to reach out to my global team to see if anyone has some ideas on what's going on here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Tiana,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

I am still experiencing this problem. Our developer has been extremely busy lately and has not been able to get me the logs you requested. Sorry for the delay.

Regards,

Tiana

photo

Hi Tiana,

No worries, just wanted to make sure. I'll check back in the week after next (due to Thanksgiving break) if you don't receive them to forward to us before then.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Tiana,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Tiana,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Resolved since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file