User Sesstion Time out

YangyangCai shared this problem 7 years ago
Resolved

Hi Support Team,

Hope you are having a good day today.

I have setup the web.xml file to be user session as 0 for one of our client, but only one user has a issue to be time out frequently, others seem work good.

/8HgRCmmB2HxU4AAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

I would appreciate if you could advise us what is the issue and how to resolve this issue ASAP.

Regards,

Nancy

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Nancy,

wow that's a strange one! I haven't heard of such a thing before, so I don't have any immediate answer. I will have to try and replicate it over here. Could you please tell me what version and build it is occurring in?

Also, are you using clustered YF or just one node?

regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

Thanks for your email.

I have attached the recent the status for you and you would find out that quite a few users seem to be re-login again, specifically the sales overview and parts summary users. These two users are used to access the specific tabs of dashboard shown on the TV screens, and they should not have user time out. (Please ingore dealer spectrum user, that is me :) )

Currently, we use build 20170202. And the specific tabs for sales overview and parts summary we setup automatic refresh for some charts as 60 seconds on the tabs.

We just use one node for our dashboard at the present.

Thanks for your assistance.

/wwbNwehdb0oAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

/8DZ0ay2FXsGjYAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

Regards,

Nancy

photo
photo

Hello again Nancy,

I hope your day is progressing smoothly.

So far I haven't been able to replicate the issue, but I guess I will have to leave Yellowfin running for days to test it properly.

Please be aware of is that session timeout is not a Yellowfin feature, it is Apache Tomcat, this means that if it turns out to be a bug then Yellowfin developers can't fix it. However, before we jump to this conclusion let us test a few things first.

I would like to clarify a point, are you saying that someone has to regularly log back in the users called Sales Overview and Parts Summary, or are you saying that you don't know whether those users have to be logged back in again, but from looking at the Session List it appears that way?

regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

Thanks for your email.

Leaving the YF running for days is good ideas to keep track of this strange issue. And hope next Monday I will receive your reply.

And the reason why I report this issue, because my client emailed us and mentioned Parts summary user has session time out, which reminds me to monitor user sessions from yesterday.

I will inform you about any reply for our client.

Regards,

Nancy

photo
photo

Hi Nancy,

I have been researching this Tomcat issue for you, and did you know that the session-timeout parameter controls how long the server will keep the session open for, however, it does not control how long the browser will keep the session cookie for. This means that if a browser is closed then that will expire the browser's cookie, so please check if the browser has been closed for those users whose sessions were expired.

And also please see if the browser cookie settings are different on the browsers where the user's session is not unlimited. In other words, please compare the browser cookie settings on the browsers that have the expired session issue with those that don't.

regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

Thanks for your quick reply, you are genius.

I will forward your advice to my client and hope they could identify the issue on her site.

Let us keep track of this issue.

Regards,

Nancy

photo
photo

You are trying to flatter me Nancy!

Let's hope the client notices something about the browser....meanwhile I'll keep on researching this on Apache Tomcat forums...

regards,

David

photo

Hi Nancy,

just checking whether you would like to close this case or not?

regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

I am sorry for late reply.

Yes, I am happy to close this ticket.

Have a good weekend. :)

Regards,

Nancy

photo
photo

thanks Nancy!