Schedule Management in Clustered Environment

Paul Wong shared this idea 6 years ago
Completed

At present, when using a load balancer against a clustered environment, you can only use the "Schedule Management" screen to edit schedules if you are logged in on the node with scheduling enabled.

Can we implement a way to perform schedule management at any node?

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reaching out with this Idea. There has been some talk around re-designing the way we implement scheduling within Yellowfin. This has been discussed in addressing scenarios just like the one you've included above.

I've gone ahead and logged this as an official Enhancement Request so that we can track this Idea. I'll use this post to keep you updated with the direction the team decides to take the Scheduling functionality, as well as any timelines on this. Feel free to add your suggestions to this request. At present, it has been discussed to reconfigure this functionality to spread background tasks across all nodes instead of one.

In the meantime, to work around this issue you'll have to log in directly to the Scheduling node, bypassing your load balancer.

Depending on the direction we take with this Enhancement, it may also provide a solution or prevent the need for the web service API request here. In consideration of that fact, I've made notes in each separate request to link them together for review. I'll keep this post updated with further information regarding this.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Paul,

I wanted to update this Idea and let you know that this is going to be available starting in version 8, expected for release at the end of this October. At present that are no plans to back-port this to 7.3 or 7.4. Please let me know if you have any further questions or issues.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Ryan,

Thanks a lot for the update.

We are looking forward to seeing what is new in version 8.

Cheers.

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file