Error Building Chart Please select valid series data

Cordell Hutchings shared this problem 7 years ago
Resolved

Hi,

I've been playing around with YellowFin recently, I seem to be hitting an issue (screenshot attached) where a chart is requesting valid series data, please could you help?

Thanks,

Cordell

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Cordell,

Can you please give me the exact build and version you are working on?

Also please send us all the log files from the folder <Yellowfin folder>/appserver/bin/logs

I have tested using this on Ver 7.3, Build 20170228 and the screenshot is below, please let me know if I did in a different method to yours:

15a3c7156dc8b7f966bc90c17c783906

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hi,

I've attached the log files, it seems to be pointing to a NULL data issue, there are nulls in the fields being used, but the aggregation works fine in the dataset, so not sure why this would cause an issue...

Build: 20170202 Java Version:1.8.0_121

Thanks,

Cordell

photo

Hi Cordell,

Can you please send me the whole log folder?

The log excerpt you sent me only shows Null pointer exception, which is not enough information to look into this issue.

Also please send me a screenshot of the data from your database.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hi Mahe,

Thanks for the help so far, I have attached the StackTrace in Full as requested from opening the report and attempting to render. I've also attached the screenshot of the data using the same SQL which is used in YF, there are plenty of NULLs in this, I have assumed YellowFin within its calculations just ignores these values (I hope).

Thanks again

photo

Hi Cordell,

Thanks for the log excerpt and the data screenshot.

I am unable to reproduce the same issue. I have created data with Null's in it and able to create a chart, please see below screenshot and worked ok for me.

Please let me know if I did anything wrong here, so that I can correct it to replicate and find the cause of the issue:

1de775f03f4c09762130251debaa09d1

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hi Mahe,

Yes, this seems to be exactly what I am doing, I've tried to recreate the report, it's just not having it...

photo

Hi Mahe,

I've extracted data into a temp table as attached and ensured all data is present and correct, there are no NULLS or calculations, I'm getting the exact same issue...

photo

Hi Mahe,

Further to this when I have attempted to enter Content Settings I get the attached, which I've clicked send...

Looks like a re-install possibly?

photo

Hi Cordell,

Sorry for delay in replying back to your email.

I have tested with with 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3 for the builds 20170202.

Both 7.1 and 7.2 had issues. I was only able to do it on 7.3 20170202.

Yes, it looks like an issue with the Yellowfin installation, try to do an update or do a new install if you done much work on Yellowfin.

Please let me know if you have any questions or issues.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hi Cordell,

Hope you are doing well.

I haven't heard back from you since my last email.

Please let me know if your issue is resolved or not, or if I can help you with anything else.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Hi Cordell,

Hope you are doing well.

Due to inactivity, I am closing this ticket.

You can still reply back and the ticket becomes active.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mahe

photo

Have same issue, the root cause was that the drive from Yellowfin installation was full. After freeing space charts start working again.

photo

Thanks for the feedback Daniel!.Sounds like the same issue as logged here: My Charts have suddenly disappeared

Glad it's all resolved in any case :) . Please reach out to us if you run into any other issues.

Replies have been locked on this page!